Har Ghar Bijli Yojana:– To provide electricity to the people, the Government of Bihar has started the Har Ghar Bijli Yojana. For the smooth operation of this scheme, the government has launched the Har Ghar Bijli Portal. Today we will provide detailed information on topics related to har ghar bijli bsphcl co in, har ghar bijli app i.e. What is Har Ghar Bijli Yojana, Features of Har Ghar Bijli Yojana 2022, Har Ghar Bijli Yojana Application, Har Ghar Bijli Yojana Online Registration, Har Ghar Bijli Yojana Application Eligibility, Apply Online for Har Ghar Bijli 2022 etc.
Har Ghar Bijli Scheme 2022
Can you imagine what your life would be like without electricity? Living in urban areas is not possible without electricity in today’s era. But even today, there are many such houses in rural and semi-rural areas of the country where electricity has not yet reached. After becoming the Prime Minister in 2014, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi gave impetus to electrification in the entire region. The Government of India is making many efforts to provide electricity to all the houses in the country under this campaign.
The state govt also has a special contribution to this ambitious scheme of the Government of India. To achieve a 100% electricity target for every household in Bihar, the Bihar government has started the Har Ghar Bijli Yojana. Har Ghar Bijli Yojana was formed to provide electricity connections to the homes of people living in all urban, rural and semi-rural areas of Bihar.
The main objective of the Bihar government behind starting the Har Ghar Bijli Yojana is to provide electricity to the homes that are still deprived of electricity. It is a valuable scheme of the Bihar government, which had eased the way of bringing Chief Minister Nitish Kumar back to power. Har Ghar Bijli Yojana is one of the major policies of the government.
The Bihar government has implemented the Har Ghar Bijli Yojana in the entire state immediately. Under this scheme, the state government plans to provide electricity connections to about 20 lakh people.
Under Har Ghar Bijli Yojana, those families have also been included not in the BPL category yet do not have electricity connections.
Har Ghar Bijli Portal
As soon as the Bihar government took power, seven development schemes were identified to meet the basic needs of the people of Bihar. Such as constructing proper roads and drainage, providing electricity to all the houses, working on youth development, constructing toilets and Eliminating open defecation, expanding the scope of higher education in the state, providing fresh drinking water to all and empowering women, etc.
Har Ghar Bijli Yojana is one of the ‘seven promises’ made by the Govt to the public. After coming to power, the Nitish Kumar government recognized the basic needs of the common people, and electricity was also one.
Bihar Government has launched E Kalyan Bihar Portal to implement Har Ghar Bijli Yojana eligible persons for Har Ghar Bijli Yojana can apply online through E Kalyan Bihar Portal.
Also read:- BRPL Bill Payment-BSES Rajdhani
How to Download Har Ghar Bijli Mobile App?
Har Ghar Bijli Yojana mobile application can be downloaded from the official website of Har Ghar Bijli Yojana. This application can also be downloaded from Google Play Store. If you want to download the Har Ghar Bijli Yojana mobile app on your mobile phone, follow the steps given below.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of Har Ghar Bijli Yojana http://hargharbijli.bsphcl.co.in/. The home page of the official website will open.
- A link will appear under the download section on the home page named Suvidha App. Click on this link to download the Har Ghar Bijli App.
- By clicking on this link, you will be redirected to the download page of the Har Ghar Bijli Yojana mobile app, also known as the Suvidha App.
- You can download the Suvidha Mobile Application on your phone by following the given guidelines.
- You can also download this application directly from Google Play Store. Open Google Play Store on your mobile phone to download from Google Play Store.
- In the Google Play Store search box, type Suvidha app and search. The Suvidha app will appear at the top of the search results. You can easily download this application on your mobile phone by clicking the install button.
How to register online for Har Ghar Bijli Yojana
If you are a resident of Bihar and are above the poverty line, your house still does not have an electricity connection. So now you can apply for an electricity connection under Har Ghar Bijli Yojana. If you want to use a new electricity connection under this scheme, follow the below steps.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of Har Ghar Bijli Yojana http://hargharbijli.bsphcl.co.in/. The home page of the official website will open.
- On the left side of the home page, you will see the link to Consumer Suvidha Activities. Click on this link for Consumer Suvidha Activities.
- As soon as you click on the Consumer Suvidha Activities link, you will be darkened to a new page where various options will appear.
- In these options, the option to apply for a new electrical connection will also appear. Click on the link to apply for a new electrical connection.
- As soon as you click on the link to apply for a new electricity connection, the option of South Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited (SBPDCL) and North Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited (NBPDCL) will be available. Select the discom through which electricity is provided in your area.
- As soon as you select the respective discom company, you will be redirected to its official website.
- On the new page, enter your mobile number, select your district from the district’s dropdown list, and click on the Generate OTP button.
- On clicking the Generate OTP button, the application form for Har Ghar Bijli Yojana’s new connection will open. Enter the information sought in the application form like connection details, contact details of the applicant, address details, details of the applicant, and ID proof of the applicant correctly.
- Upload the relevant document to be uploaded as per the guidelines. Upload your latest passport size photograph and click on submit button.
Purpose of Har Ghar Bijli Scheme
The main objective of the Bihar government behind starting the Har Ghar Bijli scheme is to provide free electricity connection to every household in the state. That is, those houses which have not yet got electricity connection, those houses have been included in the Har Ghar Bijli Yojana Bihar.
- According to sources, the state government aims to provide free electricity connections to 50 lakh houses under the Har Ghar Bijli Yojana. Har Ghar Bijli Yojana is the last of the seven schemes to be launched under the seven Nishchay Vikas Yojanas decided by the state government, keeping in mind the basic needs. At the time of the scheme’s launch, 50% of the APL (above poverty line) households living in rural areas in Bihar did not have an electricity connection.
- Under the Har Ghar Bijli Yojana, there is a plan to provide free electricity connections to the people who have been deprived of electricity connections till now. Through this scheme and electricity connection, financial help will also be provided to them.
- Through Har Ghar Bijli Yojana, the people of Bihar have to upgrade their standard of living by providing them with a better lifestyle. The Bihar government believes that electricity plays an important role in developing any state, so it is necessary for every family to have an electricity connection.
- According to the govt data, there has been an increase in electricity consumption in Bihar in the last few years. However, most of the households in rural Bihar have not got electricity facilities until now. The state government has provided electricity connections to families deprived of electricity until now under the Har Ghar Bijli Yojana. Following are the main objectives of Har Ghar Bijli Yojana.
- The goal of the Har Ghar scheme is to provide access to electricity to every household in the state. Even today, more than 50% of the population in Bihar is such that till now, no electricity connection is available.
- Har Ghar Bijli Yojana aims to provide connections to more than 50 lakh families. The implementation of the scheme is to be completed by the year 2018.
- The scheme targets the urban population and the rural low-income families, who are already covered under the Deen Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana.
More than 50% of the above poverty-level households in the state are without electricity. Even these houses will be covered under the free electricity connection scheme.
Connection cost under Har Ghar Bijli Yojana
All the electricity connections given by the Bihar government under the Har Ghar Bijli scheme will be free. The State Government will not charge any additional fee for the new connection from the beneficiaries. Only electricity connection will be provided free of cost by the government. After providing the electricity connection, the electricity consumption bill will have to be paid by the beneficiaries only.
If any beneficiary under Har Ghar Bijli Yojana does not want to take electricity connection, he will have to give his reason in writing. Through the Har Ghar Bijli Yojana, the state government intends to improve the overall lifestyle of the citizens by improving the power situation in the state. Due to Har Ghar Bijli Yojana, the per capita consumption in Bihar has increased from 70 units in 2005 to 258 units at present.
Key Features of Har Ghar Bijli Scheme
- Under Har Ghar Bijli Yojana Bihar, about 50% of the families living above the poverty line, who do not have electricity connection till now, will be provided free electricity connection.
- Under the Har Ghar Bijli Yojana, the state government has not included the BPL category families because BPL category families have already been informed under the Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana of the Government of India.
- The state government will provide electricity connection under Har Ghar Bijli Yojana to all the houses in the state except the families covered under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana.
- Free electricity connection will be provided to the beneficiaries of Har Ghar Bijli Yojana, but after the electricity connection, the beneficiary will have to bear the cost of electricity consumption.
- According to the provisions of Har Ghar Bijli Yojana, the person who comes under the purview of this scheme and does not want to take electricity connection, then the head of that family will have to give the reason for not taking electricity connection in writing.
- The state government has resolved to provide free electricity connections to all the beneficiaries covered under this scheme by 2018. If electricity connections are not provided to the targeted houses under this scheme by this deadline, then the state government will take action against the electricity provider company.
Har Ghar Bijli Mobile App
The state government has launched the Har Ghar Bijli mobile app to facilitate electricity-related services to consumers. With the help of the Har Ghar Bijli mobile application, you can avail yourself of services like applying for new connections, bill payment, updates related to existing consumers etc. BSPHCL, the power company behind the launch of Har Ghar Bijli’s mobile app, aims to provide smooth and hassle-free services to its consumers.
Har Ghar Bijli Yojana is an important scheme of the Bihar government. People living above the poverty line, who have not yet got electricity connection, have to provide electricity free of cost. Har Ghar Bijli Yojana is one of the seven promises made by the Bihar government to fulfil, which the state government is making every effort. The state government is moving forward toward fulfilling the target of this scheme. People who have not got electricity connection till now, due to getting electricity connection, their standard of living will improve.