Aadhar Card for Children: Unique Identification Authority of India also issues Aadhar Card for Children. The Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI for children is known as Baal Aadhaar. A newborn baby is also eligible for Aadhar card enrollment as per UIDAI. The need for an Aadhar card is increasing day by day, as the Government of India has given validity to an Aadhar card as a proof of identity. Some hospitals in India have started doing hospital-to-hospital enrollment for newborns, facilitating parents. This hospital is giving birth certificates as well as Aadhar registration receipts to the guardian.
In this post, detailed information will be provided about how to make an Aadhar Card for Children. If you have small children and want to make their Aadhar cards, you must read this post until the end.
How to apply to Aadhaar for children below five years of age?
If your child is below five years of age and you want to register for an Aadhaar card for children below five years, remember that the registration process for an aadhar card for children below five years is slightly different compared to adults. If you want to apply for an Aadhar card for children below five years of age, follow the steps below.
Step 1: First of all, visit the nearest Aadhar Enrollment Center in the area where you live for an aadhar card for children below 5 years.
Step 2: You can find your nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center with the help of Locate Aadhaar Enrollment Center option from the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India.
Step 3: Visit the Aadhaar Enrollment Officer and obtain the Aadhaar Enrollment Form. Fill in the information asked in the Aadhaar Enrollment Form correctly as per the documents.
Step 4: Attach the required documents (birth certificate) as per the information filled in the Aadhaar application form along with the application form and submit it to the Aadhaar Enrollment Officer or Registrar.
Step 5: Keep in mind that at the Aadhaar application for an aadhar card for children below five years, one of the parents must fill their aadhar card number in the aadhar enrollment form.
Step 6: The child’s biometric data is not captured at the Aadhaar application for a child below five years of age. Only a photograph of the child is taken.
Step 7: The address and other biometric data for the Aadhaar card for children below five years old will be automatically captured from the parent’s Aadhaar by the Unique Identification Authority of India.
Step 8: After taking the child’s photograph, the Aadhaar Enrollment Officer will start processing the child’s Aadhaar card on your request.
Step 9: The enrollment slip will be provided to you by the Aadhaar executive. Keep this Aadhar enrollment receipt with you till your Aadhar card is ready.
Step 10: You can check your aadhar card for child status below 5 years online by using the enrollment number from the official website of UIDAI.
Note: – Suppose you have an urgent need for an Aadhar card. In that case, after the Aadhar card is ready, you can download the e-Aadhaar card by visiting the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India. Note: The Unique Identification Authority of India will send your child’s Aadhar card application form within 90 days by registered post to your residential address.
Also Read: How to apply for a Smart PVC Aadhar Card?
Adhar Card For Children Below 5 Years Things to keep in mind while applying
Suppose your child is less than 5 years of age and wants to make their Aadhar card. So before applying for an Aadhar card for children below five years of age, the following things must be taken care of.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India considers the Aadhar card of all children below five years as eligible for application.
- UIDAI does not capture biometric data of children below 5 years of age except for photographs.
- In the biometric data, only the photograph of the child is captured by the Aadhaar Enrollment Center.
- Either the parent or guardian is required to enter their Aadhaar number while applying for the Aadhar card for the child.
- If the parent or guardian does not have an Aadhar card, then make your Aadhar card before applying for the Aadhar card of the child.
- Keep in mind that when the child turns 5 years old, you must provide their biometric data like fingerprints, iris scanning, photographs etc.
- When your child attains the age of 15 years, the biometric data of the Aadhar Card for Children are required to be made available again to the Aadhaar Enrollment Officer.
How to Apply aadhar card for children above 5-15 years?
If your child is from 5 years to 15 years and you want to apply for an aadhar card for him, follow the steps given below for an aadhar card for children between 5 -15 years.
Step 1: Visit your nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center for Aadhaar Application for Children between 5 Years to 15 Years.
Step 2: Receive the Aadhaar Enrollment Form from the Aadhar Enrollment Officer and fill in the required information correctly.
Step 3: If you cannot fill the aadhar card for a child application form, you can take the help of the Aadhar Enrollment Center official.
Step 4: If you do not have a valid certificate of the child, then the parent or guardian must mention your Aadhaar number in the Aadhaar enrollment form.
Step 5: After filling the Aadhar application form, submit the form along with relevant documents (Birth Proof, Photo ID, Residence Proof) to the Aadhar Enrollment Executive.
Step 6: Your child’s biometrics data (fingerprint, iris scan and photograph) will be captured by the Aadhaar Enrollment Executive.
Step 7: Once the Aadhaar application process is complete, the Aadhaar Enrollment Executive will generate an acknowledgement slip.
Step 8: The acknowledgement slip given by the Aadhar centre executive contains a 14 digit enrollment ID, which includes the enrollment number and the time and date of enrollment.
Step 9: The 14 digit Enrollment ID can be used to check the Child Aadhar Card Status online from the official website of UIDAI.
Note: The original Aadhar card will be sent by India Post to the address registered in your Aadhar card within 90 days from the date of acceptance of the application. But keep in mind that as soon as the child reaches the age of 15 years, it is necessary to update the biometric database of Aadhar Card for Children by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center.
Essential things for Aadhar Card for Children from 5 years to 15 years of age
The Unique Identification Authority of India has not made any difference in applying for Aadhar Card for children 5 and 15 years for children between 5 and 15 years. The enrollment of children in the age group of 5 years to 15 years is the same as that of an adult. Before applying for an Aadhar Card for children 5 and 15 years, it is necessary to keep the following things in mind.
- The process of applying for an Aadhar card for children between 5 years and 15 years is the same as for adults.
- There is a difference only in the documents required to be submitted for the Aadhar card application for an adult person and children between 5 years and 15 years.
- When the child attains the age of 15 years, they must get their biometric data (all ten fingerprints, Irish scan and photograph) updated through the Aadhaar Enrollment Centre.
- It is necessary to attach the birth certificate for the Aadhaar application for the child between 5 years to 15 years.
- If the child’s biometric data does not match their data in the future, they should get their biometric data updated later.
Aadhar Card Documents For Child
At the time of Aadhaar, Enrollment for children below five years of age (Aadhaar Card for children below five years) and children in the age group of 5 to 15 years (Aadhaar Card for children 5 and 15 years) applicants will have to be separated as per UIDAI. Separate documents have to be submitted. The documents to be submitted for both categories of children are as follows.
Documents Required Aadhar Card for Children Below 5 Years
- Birth certificate of the child.
- Aadhar card of one of the parents or guardian
- Original copies of both the above documents will also have to be submitted to the Aadhaar Enrollment Executive for verification.
Also Read: How to Contact Aadhar Customer Care?
Aadhar Card Documents for Child 5-15 years
- Birth certificate of the child and any one of the following documents as proof of identity.
Identity card issued by the school.
- Bonafide certificate issued by the institution on letterhead.
- Aadhar card of parent or guardian.
- Photo Identity Card issued by Gazetted Officer / Tehsildar on letterhead.
The parents can produce any of the following documents as residence proof at the time of enrollment of the child’s Aadhar card.
- Aadhar card of parent or guardian.
- Photo Identity Card issued by MP or MLA/Gazetted Officer/Tahsildar on letterhead.
- Address certificate issued by the Gram Panchayat Pramukh or his equivalent authority (for rural areas).
Aadhar Card for Children Fees & Charges
- UIDAI does not charge any fee for Aadhar Card for Children.
- The Government of India bears the expenditure on the Aadhaar enrollment of children.
- When the child attains the age of 5 years or 15 years of age, no additional charges are levied even while updating the biometric data.
- But during this period, if you make any update in the demographic or biometric data, an amount of ₹ 50 is taken as a fee.
- When the child becomes an adult and does any update in his Aadhar card, he must pay ₹ 50 as a fee.
After applying for the Aadhar card of the parent or guardian, the child can link his mobile number with the Aadhar Card For Children. If you want to view your child’s Aadhar card on your smartphone, you should download the mAadhaar application. You can link up to three Aadhar cards with the mAadhaar App. Parents can view Aadhar Card for Children and manage Aadhar Card for Children through the mAadhaar App.
Aadhar cards of children available on the mAadhaar application can be used as proof of residence and identity. The benefit of the mAadhaar service can be availed by parents of children below five years of age and children between 5 and 15 years of age.
Also Read: What is an E Aadhar Card PDF File Password?
Aadhar Card for Children Related FAQ
Q. 1: Is it mandatory to update the Aadhar card after 15 years?
Ans: Yes, the parent or guardian must update the biometric Aadhaar data of the child when the child turns 15 years of age. The process can be completed within minutes from the UIDAI Aadhaar Enrollment Centre. The Aadhaar Enrollment Center charges no additional fee during this process.
Q. 2: Is it possible to get an Aadhar card without any documents?
Ans: Aadhar Card Enrollment requires Identity Proof and Residence Proof, but Aadhar Card of an adult person can be generated on verification by UIDAI Authorized Introducer, but for Aadhar Card Application of Children Parent’s Aadhar Number is required.
Q. 3: I have got a blue coloured aadhar card for my child. Is it valid?
Ans: Bal Aadhar card is blue. If your child is below 5 years of age, you will receive a blue coloured child Aadhar card. But this blue coloured Aadhar card is valid only till the age of 5 years. When the child’s age is more than five years, the child’s Aadhar card is not valid.
Q. 4: How long does it take for a child below 5 years of age to get an Aadhar card?
Ans: There is no separate time limit for Aadhar Card for Children below 5 years by the Unique Identification Authority of India. UIDAI sends Aadhar cards from children to adults by registered post to the residential address within 90 days.