[AePDS] How to link Aadhaar with Ration Card?
How to Link Aadhaar with Ration Card- Ration card is issued by the State Governments in India under the National Food Security Act to the families entitled to purchase food grains at subsidized rates through the Public Distribution System. A ration card is an authorized document issued by the state governments to buy food grains at affordable rates from PDS shops.
If the ration card holder links his ration card with the Aadhar card, he can benefit from subsidized cooking gas given by the government. Linking the ration card with the Aadhar card is essential to ensure the benefits accruing to the ration card holders while preventing fraud.
How to link Aadhaar with Ration Cards offline?
After linking the ration card with the aadhar card, one can check the status of the ration card along with the aadhar card number. Aadhar card, as well as ration card search, becomes easy. If a person wants to link the Aadhar card with the ration card offline, he can get the Aadhar card linked with the ration card by visiting his nearest Public Distribution System shop or ration shop.
If a person wants to link the ration card with the Aadhar card, then follow the steps by step process of how to link Aadhaar with ration cards offline given below-
Step 1: – First of all, contact the nearest public distribution system of your area or at the ration shop.
Step 2:– Submit the photocopy of your ration card along with the copy of the Aadhar card of all the members of your family name in the ration card at the Public Distribution System Center.
Step 3:– Also submit the passport-size photograph of the head of the family as recorded in the ration card.
Step 4: – If your bank account is not linked with Aadhaar, then also submit the photocopy of your bank passbook at the ration shop.
Step 5: The PDS representative may ask you for authentication through fingerprint/Irish scan for Aadhaar authentication by the center’s representative.
Step 6: After submitting documents by the ration shop representative, you will receive a notification through SMS on your Aadhaar linked mobile number. Once linking the ration card with Aadhaar is completed, its information will be received again through SMS.
How to link Aadhaar with ration cards online?
Various state governments also provide online facilities to link ration cards with Aadhaar numbers. If a person wants to link his Aadhaar Number with ration card, then follow the steps by step process of how to link Aadhaar with ration cards online given below-
Step 1: – First of all, find out whether the state government has provided an online facility to link ration cards with Aadhaar or not.
Step 2:- If the state government has provided the online facility to link the ration card with the aadhaar number, then visit the official website of the public distribution system portal of the state government.
Step 3:- Select the option to link Ration Card with Aadhaar Number. The Format for Linking Ration Card with Aadhar Number will open on the screen. Enter your Ration Card Number at the given space.
Step 4: Enter your Aadhaar number in the given space and place your mobile number registered with the Aadhaar number in the specified column.
Step 5:- Click on the Continue/Submit button to link the ration card with the Aadhaar number.
Step 6: – On clicking the submit button, a one-time password will be received on your registered mobile number.
Step 7:- Submit the One Time Password received on the mobile number. On submitting the OTP, the request for linking the Aadhar number with the ration card will be submitted.
Note:- There is no centralized portal yet available for linking ration cards with Aadhar numbers as each state government has its portal of Public Distribution System.
How to link Aadhaar with Ration Cards through SMS?
The government has also provided an SMS facility to link Ration Cards with Aadhar Number. If a person wants to link his Aadhaar with ration cards through SMS service, then follow the steps by step process of how to link Aadhaar with ration cards through SMS given below-
Step 1: – First of all, go to the message box of the registered mobile number linked to the Aadhaar number.
Step 2:- Type “UID SEED <State Short Code> <Scheme/Program Short Code> <Scheme/Program ID> <Aadhaar Number>” in the message box. Like UID SEED MH POSC 9876512 353880246505.
Step 3: – Send the typed text to 51959. Intimation of final receipt of an application, successful verification will be received through SMS. The information of successful linking of Aadhar Number with Ration Card will also be received through SMS.
Documents Required to Link Aadhar to Ration Card
The following documents are required to link Aadhaar with Ration Card-
- Original Ration Card along with a photocopy of Ration Card for onsite verification.
- Aadhar card copy of all the family members named in the ration card.
- Passport size photograph of the head of the family.
- Aadhar card copy of the head of the family.
- Copy of bank passbook if aadhar card is not linked with bank.
Benefits of linking Aadhaar with Ration Cards
Linking Aadhaar with Ration Card can have the following benefits.
- The number of fake ration cardholders will come down when the ration card is linked with Aadhaar.
- The lack of people enjoying illegitimate subsidies due to the paucity of fake ration cardholders will enable the benefits of subsidies to be adequately provided to families living below the poverty line.
- After linking the ration card with Aadhaar, more than one ration card will not be made in the same family in a fake way.
- By linking the ration card with Aadhaar, the activities of fraud can be reduced.
- The representatives of Public Distribution System shops, i.e. ration shops, will be helped in identifying the actual beneficiaries using the biometric-enabled distribution system.
- Ration diversion and leakage in the public distribution system can be controlled by linking the ration card with Aadhaar.
- Linking the ration card with Aadhaar helps identify and eliminate corrupt intermediaries by conducting audits in the Public Distribution System.
FAQs Related to How to link Aadhaar with Ration Card
Q-1. How can a person know whether his ration card is linked with Aadhaar or not?
If you want to know whether your ration card is linked with Aadhaar or not, first go to your nearest ration distribution shop. Submit the photocopy of the ration card along with the copy of the Aadhar card. Authenticate and verify your identity through biometric. On verification, you will know whether your ration card is linked with Aadhaar or not.
Q-2. How can a person change the mobile number on his ration card?
Follow these steps to change your mobile number in ration card-
- Visit the official web portal of the State Government Public Distribution System (e.g., Jharkhand).
- Enter your ration card number at the given space.
- Enter your registered mobile number and submit.
- Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile.
- On verification, the reference number/acknowledgment number will appear.
Q-3. Can a person download a ration card with the help of an Aadhar card?
No, till now, no facility to download ration cards with the help of Aadhar card has been provided by any state government or central government.
Q-4. How can a person link their ration card with a bank account?
To link the bank account with the ration card, visit the nearest branch of the concerned bank and request in this regard in writing along with the photocopy of the ration card.
Q-5. Is linking of ration cards with aadhaar compulsory?
According to the government notification, it is necessary to link the ration card with the Aadhar. The duplication of the Aadhar card can be eliminated, and the benefit of the subsidized ration can be extended to needy people.
Read Also:- What is the PM Cares for Children Scheme?