What is eSanchit? : e Sanchit Application Process, Upload Documents
eSanchit Application:- Do you know about the eSanchit Application? If you do the business of export-import, then you must have known about the e-SANCHIT Application. If you don’t know about e-SANCHIT and want to get detailed information about this Application, you are on the right track. Through this post, detailed information about eSANCHIT applications will be provided.
The full form of e-SANCHIT is e-Storage and computerized handling of indirect tax documents. This Application has been launched by the Central Board of Direct Taxes and Customs. The main objective of launching the e SANCHIT Application is to facilitate the importers and exporters to upload supporting documents in a paperless process to facilitate cross-border trade. This facility is already being provided for the traders doing import-export within the country.
The eSANCHIT Application acts as an electronic interface between the taxpayers and the Customs Department. It provides a hassle-free facility for traders and officials to upload supporting documents related to their import-export without human intervention.
Things to keep in mind while uploading documents on the e SANCHIT Application
Before uploading the documents required for import and export on eSANCHIT Application, Importer, Exporter, Customs Broker should note that the document to be uploaded should be in PDF/A format (ISO 29005-2).
The importer, exporter and customs broker should collect the documents in PDF/A format (ISO 29005-2) from the person issuing the document. It is possible only when the person issuing the document uses a computer and another electronic device. If the person issuing the document does not have a computer and other electronic devices, take a hard copy of the document and scan it in PDF format. While scanning the hard copy to PDF, keep the following points in mind.
- The reservation of the document should not be less than 200 dpi black and white.
- The file size should not exceed 75KB, and the page should be in A4 size.
- The amount of money in the uploaded PDF file should not exceed 13, and the file size should not exceed 1 MB.
- If the file size is more than 1 MB, it should be divided into two parts and uploaded.
- No punch hole mark or stepler marks should be visible on the document to be uploaded. If there are such punch holes, they should be at a clear distance from the document’s contents.
- Keep in mind that the document should not be folded while scanning from inside it.
- The details in the scanned document should not be cross-slanted. Documentation material should be straightforward and clear to read.
- The letters of the document should not be long and narrow.
- The documents to be scanned should be in sequence.
If the entity or person issuing the document cannot provide the document in PDF format, scan the hard copy of the document in PDF format, which is clear and legible. Use the Automatic Image Quality Assessment tool to check the document for the bill and the proper quality. The documents to be uploaded will be digitally signed PDF documents. For this, the person submitting the document will have to digitally sign the PDF document through a digital signature certificate registered on the icegate.
eSANCHIT Application Process
Only those taxpayers registered with Digital Signature Certificate on ICEGATE Payment Portal can upload documents through the eSanchit Application. The documents to be uploaded should be in electronic format. If you came through the eSanchit Application and want to upload the required documents for export, then follow the steps given below.
- It is necessary to log in to the ICEGATE portal for uploading documents on an eSanchit application. First of all, visit the official website of ICEGATE.
- The home page of the official website will open. Under the “Our Services” section, the “User Login/Signup” option will appear.
- Click on the link of User Login/Signup. ICEGATE login page will open. If you are already registered on ICEGATE Portal, enter your Username and Password in the given column.
- Enter the given captcha code in the given field and click on submit button. If you are not registered on the ICEGATE portal, you can create a new account using the Sign Up Now option given in the Login section.
- The Dashboard will open as soon as you log in to the ICEGATE portal. The option of esanchit will appear on the left side.
- Click on the link to e-sanchit. The Upload Documents page will open where the button of Upload Documents will appear.
- Click on the Upload Documents button to upload the documents. On clicking the Upload Documents button, a pop-up window of Upload Documents will open with Documents Updation Prerequisite.
- The size of a file should be a maximum of 1MB and in PDF format only. Each file must have a unique name, and the file must be digitally signed. The document should be digitally signed by the user only.
- Select the document to be uploaded using the Choose file option and click on the Upload key button.
- Thus select your documents one by one and upload using the submit button.
- Keep in mind that the user can upload maximum pass documents at a time. If there is any mistake in the document size and type in the document to be uploaded, the comment regarding the mistake will be received immediately.
- After clicking on the upload button, the option to select the document type from the dropdown list will appear. Select the type of document from the dropdown list.
- If you want to get the list of document types, you can get this list by clicking on the Single Window Code Map Directory link.
- Click on the submit button to generate IRN’s. The disclaimer pop-up window will open.
- Click on the Accept button given in the disclaimer to proceed with the process of generating IRN’s.
- On clicking the Accept button, the system generates a unique number known as the IRN number. You will also get the information through the mail.
- The DRN & IRN number of each document uploaded will be issued to you by the eSanchit app. which will appear on your screen.
- The system also generates a flat structural file containing IRN and DRN, which can be integrated.
- 10 minutes after the IRN is generated, the person submitting the document should upload all the supporting documents which the DGFT notifies under import export such as Bill of Lading/Airways Bill, commercial invoice, packaging list, Bills of Entry etc.
- In this way, anyone can upload the documents required in import-export in electronic format on the ICEGATE platform through the eSanchit Application.
E Sanchit Electronic Document Search Process
If you have uploaded documents on the e Sanchit Application, follow the steps given below to view uploaded documents on the eSanchit Application.
- First of all, visit the official website of ICEGATE. The home page of the official website will open.
- A “User Login/Signup” option will appear under the “Our Services” section on the home page.
- Click on the link of User Login/Signup. ICEGATE Login page will open. If you are already registered on ICEGATE Portal, enter your Username and Password in the given column.
- Enter the given captcha code in the given field and click on submit button. The Dashboard will open as soon as you log in to the ICEGATE portal. The option of eSanchit will appear on the left side.
- Click on the link to eSanchit. The Search Documents page will open where the button of Upload Documents will appear.
- You can search the documents based on DRN Number, IRN Number, Documents Type, Date etc.
- According to your convenience, in the given search criteria, choose any DRN Number, IRN Number, Documents Type, Date etc.
- Click on the button of Search Documents. As soon as you click on the button of Search Documents, the link to the relevant document will be displayed on the screen.
- If the result of Not Item Found is displayed on your screen, then it means that no documents related to the search criteria are available.
- You can only view documents up to 30 days old uploaded on the eSanchit app. To view documents older than 30 days, a request must be generated for Retrieve from Archival ki request.
- Click on the given link to view the document. The relevant document will be displayed on your screen in a new window.
- If you want to view documents that are 30 days old, a pop-up window will open at the time of document search, which will tell that this document is 30 days old, which is in the archive.
- If you wish to view this document, click on the OK button that appears in the pop-up window. The request to Retrieve from Archival will be generated automatically.
- Wait for 60 seconds. After 1 minute, the relevant document will be displayed on the screen.
- This document will be visible here for seven days, after which it will be sent back to the archive.
- In this way, anyone can view the required documents uploaded for import and export through an e Sanchit application.
eSANCHIT Application Related FAQs
Q-1. Who can use the e Sanchit Application?
Ans – Sanchit application can be used only by individual taxpayers and after registration on PGA’s ICEGATE portal.
Q-2. How to upload documents on an eSanchit application?
Ans- Follow the following steps-
First of all, visit the official website of ICEGATE Portal.
Login using login credentials.
Click on the e-sanchit link from the Dashboard.
Click on the Upload documents button.
Select the document from the Choose file.
Select the type of document from the dropdown list.
Click on the submit button.
Q-3. In which format can documents be uploaded on an eSanchit application?
Ans – Documents can be uploaded only in PDF format on the e Sanchit Application.
Q-4. How many documents can be uploaded on an eSanchit application at a time?
Ans – An individual taxpayer can upload a maximum of 5 documents on this Application, while PGA can upload a maximum of 10 documents at a time.
Q-5. What is the maximum document size that can be uploaded on an eSanchit application?
Ans – The uploading size of the document on the eSanchit Application varies depending on the document type. Documents ranging from 1 MB to 20 MB can be uploaded on this Application, depending on the type of documents.
Q-6. Can multiple documents with the same name be uploaded on the e-Sanchik Application?
No, all the documents to be uploaded must have a unique name as per the requirement of the business. Therefore, while uploading documents on an eSanchit application, keep in mind that the name of all the documents to be uploaded is unique.
Q-7. Can documents be deleted after uploading them on an e Sanchit application?
Ans – Yes, when you upload the document in the eSanchit Application, a delete link appears. You can delete the relevant document by clicking on the delete link.
Q-8. Can the confirmation of the uploaded document be obtained?
Ans – Yes, immediately after uploading the documents on the e-sanchit Application, the system will send the confirmation information to the registered email id.
Q-9. Which documents are required to be uploaded on an eSanchit application?
Ans – It is necessary to upload the following documents related to import or export on this Application.
Bill of Lading/Airways Bill,
Bills of Entry
Q-10. How to view uploaded documents on an eSanchit application?
Ans – Follow the steps given below to view your document.
First of all, log in to the ICEGATE portal.
Select the eSanchit Application from the Dashboard.
Fill in the search criteria and click on the button of Search Documents.
Read Also: – What is the PM Cares for Children Scheme?