Link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar card :- The importance of the Aadhaar card is increasing daily. Ever since the Government of India made various schemes and financial instruments linked to the Aadhaar military, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has issued a notification to suggest all insurance policyholders link their policies with Aadhaar. According to India’s Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority, policyholders must also link the PAN card with their policy. Following this notification from IRDAI, HDFC Bank has provided online and offline facilities for HDFC Life Insurance policyholders to link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar and PAN.
How to Link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar Online?
If you have an HDFC Life Insurance policy, you must link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhaar as per the government’s instructions. HDFC Bank has provided an online facility to link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar. Any policyholder can easily link HDFC Life Insurance policy with Aadhaar sitting at home in a few steps. Follow the steps given below to link HDFC Life Insurance policy with Aadhaar.
Step 1: To link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar, visit the HDFC Life Aadhaar linking portal.
Step 2: On the HDFC Life Aadhaar linking portal, click on the HDFC Life Aadhaar linking option. A form will be displayed on your screen.
Step 3: In the Aadhaar linking form, enter your HDFC Life Insurance policy number, date of birth, Aadhaar number and PAN card number in the given columns.
Step 4: Read the given term and condition correctly and tick the box provided against the disclaimer.
Step 5: After this, the submit button will appear. Click on the button “Submit”.
Step 6: After submission, your Aadhar card details will be verified with UIDAI by the HDFC Life Insurance system for authentication.
Step 7: Once the Aadhaar details are fully authenticated, the HDFC Life Insurance policy will be linked with the Aadhaar card.
Step 8: Once your Aadhaar card is successfully linked with HDFC Life Insurance, the bank will send a confirmation message on your registered mobile number and email ID.
Thus HDFC Life Insurance policyholders can easily link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar card or PAN card in a few clicks online sitting at home by following the above steps.
Read Also : – How to link an Aadhaar card with a driving license?
How to link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar Offline?
Even today, many people do not use the Internet or do not know how to use the Internet. For such people, HDFC Bank has provided an offline facility to link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar card, with the help of which the policyholder can easily link their HDFC Life Insurance policy with Aadhaar or PAN card.
If you also want to link HDFC Life Insurance with your Aadhar card or PAN card, follow the steps below.
Step 1: First of all, HDFC Life Insurance policyholders visit their nearest HDFC Life branch.
Step 2: Contact HDFC Life Insurance representative to get the application form for linking policy with Aadhar card and PAN card.
Step 3: For linking the Aadhaar card or PAN card with the HDFC Life Insurance policy, fill in the required information like policy number, aadhar card number, PAN card number, date of birth etc., in the given columns correctly.
Step 4: Attach a self-attested copy of your Aadhar card or PAN card with the application form.
Step 5: Submit the application form along with the documents to HDFC Life Insurance Executive.
Step 6: The HDFC Life Insurance executive will initiate the process of linking your Aadhaar or PAN card with the HDFC Life Insurance policy (link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar). A reference number in this regard will be provided to you along with the acknowledgment slip.
Read Also:- How to link an Aadhaar Card with Voter ID?
Step 7: Using this reference number, you can check the status of whether your Aadhaar card is linked with HDFC Life Insurance or not.
What are the things to be kept in mind while linking HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar?
If you want to link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar card or PAN card through online or offline mode, you must keep the following information with you while linking.
- Applicants should keep their HDFC Life Insurance number with them.
- Aadhar or PAN number should be kept with them at the time of linking HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar.
- Remember that the HDFC Life Insurance policy is linked with an Aadhar card or PAN card on your behalf.
- HDFC Life gets access to UIDAI to verify your Aadhaar number, date of birth and name.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India does not provide any information other than the information mentioned earlier to any third party.
- HDFC Life Insurance is empowered to link Aadhaar with HDFC Life Insurance policies for authentication and e-KYC only.
- It may take 48 hours for your Aadhaar card to get reflected in the “My Account” section after linking with HDFC Life Insurance.
- If you have more than one life insurance policy, you can link all of them with Aadhaar or PAN card under the same client ID.
- While linking HDFC Life Insurance policy with Aadhar card or PAN card, if any document is not verified during authentication, your Aadhar card or PAN card will not link with HDFC Life Insurance.
- If the correct verification is not done at the time of Aadhaar linking, you will have to go through the process again to link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar card.
The Government of India has made it necessary to link the services with Aadhaar to avail the benefits of Aadhaar linked services, prioritising the Aadhaar card. After this decision, IRDAI has notified all the policyholders to link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar card. Keeping this notification in mind, HDFC Life Insurance Policy has provided offline and online facilities to its policyholders to link HDFC Life Insurance with Aadhar. Suppose you are also an HDFC Life Insurance policyholder. In that case, you must link HDFC Life Insurance with your Aadhar card through the above-mentioned offline and online medium as soon as possible.
You must read : – How to Link SBI Life Insurance with Aadhaar Card?