One District One Product UP | One District One Product Scheme | One District One Product Scheme Uttar Pradesh | Uttar Pradesh ODOP Scheme | One district one product List | One District One Product Summit
One District One Product Scheme: The State of Uttar Pradesh, with a vast geographical spread of 240928 square kilometres and 204.2 million, has diversity within itself in various aspects of life. The State has maintained its diversity with diverse localities, diverse crops, diverse foods, diverse climates, a wide variety of community traditions and economic activities.
Uttar Pradesh also has a tremendous and beautiful array of crafts and industry. Here small towns and small districts are also known for their unique and unexpected products. The Uttar Pradesh government has launched the One District One Product Scheme to encourage these indigenous and exceptional products and crafts.
There are various types of products in Uttar Pradesh, which are not found in any other corner of the country. Such as ancient and nutritious black salt, rice, rare and intricate wheat stalk craftsmanship, world-famous chikankari, work on zari-zardozi fabric, stunning lion bone work using the remains of dead animals, nature replacement on ivory etc.
Many of these products have been given to GEOTag to certify them as specialised in Uttar Pradesh. Many of these were products that promoted community traditions. But these products were becoming extinct, which are being revived through modernisation and advertisement by the state government.
|Name of Scheme||One District One Product Scheme|
|Scheme Launched by||Shri Yogi Aditya Nath, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh|
|Scheme Launched on||24th January 2018|
|Beneficiary||Resident of Uttar Pradesh|
|Objective of Scheme||To Promote Famous Local Product of Each District of UP|
|Name of Portal||One District One Product Portal|
|Designed, Developed and maintained by||National Information Centre, Unit of Uttar Pradesh|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Most of the State’s industries are general businesses, but their products are special or unique to that region. Many regions in the State are mainly known for various products like asafoetida, desi ghee, fancy items made of glass, bedsheets, different types of goodies, leather goods etc. These industries are small and medium-sized businesses; there is a need to increase their production through modernisation and machines.
Just as the diversity of different religions, water, faith, and different cultures in Uttar Pradesh is a centre of attraction for the people, similarly, the variety of other products and crafts made here also attracts people. The UP government has come up with the One District One Product Scheme to promote these different types of products and crafts.
Quotation Regarding One District One Product Scheme: –
Opinion of important people on constitutional posts of India regarding One District One Product Scheme launched by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath –
“The government has to make all efforts for the social and economic development of the citizens and work for their interest and welfare. I am happy to learn that the Uttar Pradesh Government is implementing ‘Ek Janpad Ek Utpad’ Yojana intending to achieve comprehensive and balanced economic development of the State.
I hope that as part of this Programme, the government will take all necessary steps to usher in all-round development and will continue with its effort to achieve the goal of ‘Sabka Sath Sabka Vikas’.
I convey my good wishes for the successful implementation of this Programme in Uttar Pradesh.”
Shri Ram Nath Kovind, Hon’ble President, Republic of India
“It is heartening to note that the Government of Uttar Pradesh is formulating and implementing policies on priority, which are designed to create a friendly environment for accelerated industrial development and capital investment. By recently announced U.P. Industrial Investment and Employment Promotion Policy and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Policy, 2017, the government has infused a renewed confidence in entrepreneurs, exporters, and artisans.
Traditional crafts, artisans, weavers, and artisans play an essential role in imparting the State’s economic development. Driven by innovative ideas and commitment to balanced industrial development, Uttar Pradesh’s Government has decided to implement the ‘One District – One Product’ Programme. This Programme will pave a new way for the inclusive development of the State. I am convinced that this Programme can take the State to new heights of economic growth by linking the production with tourism and developing local craft skills and employment opportunities.
I convey my good wishes and full cooperation to Hon’ble Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Shri Yogi Adityanath, for adopting this dynamic concept of ‘One District – One Product’ and its successful implementation.”
Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, Hon’ble Vice President, Republic of India
“उत्तर प्रदेश सरकार द्वारा 24 जनवरी 2018 को “एक जनपद एक उत्पाद” कार्यक्रम के शुभारम्भ के बारे में जानकर प्रसन्नता हुई है। इस पहल से पं. दीन दयाल उपाध्याय द्वारा समाज के अंतिम पायदान पर खड़े व्यक्ति तक लाभ पहुंचाने के विचार को बल मिलेगा।
गांधी जी ग्रामीण विकास के लिए जिन बुनियादी चीजों को आवश्यक समझते थे उनमें ग्राम स्वराज, ग्रामोद्योग और समग्र ग्राम विकास प्रमुख हैं। गांधी जी कहते थे कि ‘भारत गांवों में बसता है’। भारत के विकास के लिए गांवों का विकास करना आवश्यक है। विकास की यात्रा में गांवों को साथ लेकर चलने और किसानों की आय को दोगुनी करने के लिए सरकार प्रतिबद्ध है।
उत्तर प्रदेश के समृद्ध कारीगरों ने अपनी उत्कृष्ट कला से देश में एक अलग पहचान बनाई है। हर जनपद को किसी विशेष उत्पाद के लिए जाना जाता है। मुझे आशा है कि श्री योगी आदित्यनाथ जी की ‘एक जनपद एक उत्पाद’ की अवधारणा से पिछड़े वर्गों, महिलाओं और युवाओं को विशेष लाभ पहुंचेगा। हर जनपद विकास की एक नई कहानी लिखेगा और असंतुलित क्षेत्रीय विकास दूर करने में मदद मिलेगी।
इस महत्वपूर्ण और दूरगामी परिणाम देने वाली पहल के लिए मैं उत्तर प्रदेश सरकार को बधाई देता हूं। ‘एक जनपद एक उत्पाद’ कार्यक्रम की सफलता के लिए शुभकामनाएं।”
Shri Narender Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India
What is the ODOP Programme?
One District One Product -ODOP program was launched by the Chief Minister of the State, Honorable Mr Yogi Adityanath, on the occasion of Uttar Pradesh Day on 24 January 2018, with the primary objective of launching the One District One Product Scheme by the state government to increase the availability and sale of domestic and unique products or crafts of the State, thereby increasing the employment opportunities at the regional level in the State.
In the ODOP scheme, a particular product of each district has been selected, which is traditionally noted for its production and manufacture in the respective district. Like, Lucknow district is famous for its zari-zardozi and chikankari.
Most of the selected products under this scheme have undergone G.I. tagging, which means that they belong to specific places in Uttar Pradesh. Many of these products are being revived through modernisation and dissemination under the ODOP scheme.
The process of manufacturing these products is also giving a new colour to the community tradition. Under the ODOP scheme by the state government, artisans, various production units, and organizations associated with these selected products are being encouraged in different ways by providing loans, general facilitation centres and marketing support.
So that these products can become popular and employment opportunities can be created at the district level.
Objectives of the ODOP Programme?
The objectives of the One District One Product Scheme are as follows:
- Providing conservation and development by promoting local art and craftsmanship.
- To provide employment at the local level to the State’s youth by developing a competitive system.
- To promote and develop local skills of the people in the district.
- To curb the tendency of people to rush to the cities for employment while increasing employment opportunities and income for the people at the district level.
- To increase production by improving the quality of the selected product at the district level.
- They systematically recognize ODOP team products globally.
The Government of Uttar Pradesh has introduced this scheme intending to identify a traditional art or craft in various districts of the State and develop a cluster for the manufacture and marketing of crafts. The main criterion of this scheme is that any art should be unique to that particular region.
This scheme has been highly successful in Uttar Pradesh; because of its success, the Central Government can also start this scheme in the entire country. ODOP plans can change the rural economy in the following way-
- The market for Indigenous Crafts – We have seen that ancient arts and crafts are often neglected. Because they are not commercially viable in the absence of a market chain, the state government makes marketing and marketing of arts and crafts financially successful through this scheme.
- Reducing dependence on agriculture – The rural economy in India is entirely based on agriculture. Because of the rapidly increasing population, it is necessary to diversify by using rural economy skills and creating profit opportunities.
- Preservation of Cultural Heritage – Through this scheme, traditional arts and crafts marketing will help commercial gains and preserve culture through marketing. This scheme will invest time and effort to install skills in the coming generations, making them successful and earning money. Thus there will be a revival of art.
- Equal development – Under this scheme, the manufacturing industry of the same arts or crafts will be established in 1 district, which will help to develop its unique industry without interference from other neighbourhoods and regions. If equal development is to be done, it is mandatory to give every district an opportunity.
Eligibility for ODOP Programme
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- The applicant does not require any educational qualification.
- Only units of ODOP products identified from the respective district related to industry, service and business will be received under the One District One Product Scheme.
- The applicant or industry entity should not be a defaulter from any nationalised bank, financial institution or government institution.
- The applicant may not have previously availed the benefit of any other self-employment scheme operated by the Government of India or Uttar Pradesh’s Government.
- The applicant or a member of his family can be benefited only once under this scheme.
- An affidavit regarding the fulfilment of eligibility conditions will be prepared and submitted by the applicant.
- Applicants of a particular category such as Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Minorities, Women and Persons with Disabilities under this scheme will place respective category documents verified by the competent authority of the application.
Margin Money for ODOP Programme
The state government provides the incentive amount to various applicants or entrepreneurs for the promotion of this scheme as per the table given below-
Important Point of ODOP Programme
- The scheme will be funded by all nationalised banks, regional rural banks, and other scheduled commercial banks.
- Under this scheme, the department’s margin money will be sanctioned as per the applicant’s above table.
- The department will add the grant amount as a subsidy if the beneficiaries of the scheme successfully operate the project for two years and there is no defaulter of any kind.
- Under this scheme, the beneficiaries of the general category will have to submit 10% of the total project cost on their own as a contribution. Whereas applicants of special categories (Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Minorities, Women and Divyans) will submit 5% of the total plan, cost themselves as a contribution.
- After the loan is sanctioned under the One District One Product Program, special training will be provided to the beneficiaries through reputed institutions of the State such as State Polytechnic / Industrial Training Institute / RSETI/ Entrepreneurship Development Institute.
- If an applicant wants to download the eligibility conditions and details, click on the applicant eligibility conditions and the details link to download.
What are the ODOP Schemes?
Various types of small schemes have been included under it to make the One District One Product Scheme successful by the Government of Uttar Pradesh, which is as follows-
- Common Facility Center Scheme
- Marketing Development Assistance Scheme
- Finance Assistance Scheme (Margin Money Scheme)
- Capacity Development Plan
What is the Marketing Development Assistance (MDA) scheme under ODOP?
The Market Development Assistant Scheme’s main objective is to provide artisans, weavers, entrepreneurs, and exporters with a fair price according to their service by better marketing various products covered under the One District One Product Scheme.
Through this scheme, financial assistance is provided to the local people to participate in various fairs and exhibitions at the national and international levels and sell their products selected in the ODOP scheme.
If you want more information in this regard, you must visit the official website of the Uttar Pradesh government or contact the DIC near you.
What is the Margin Money / Financial Assistance Scheme?
Under the Financial Assistance Scheme, almost all Nationalised Banks, Regional Rural Banks, Scheduled Banks etc., will provide financial assistance to One District One Product Scheme.
Apart from this, the Department of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and Export Promotion Department will provide service under the Margin Money Scheme to all the applicants sent under this scheme.
How much subsidy will be provided under the Margin Money scheme?
The following assistance will be provided under the Margin Money Scheme-
- If the project cost of industry is up to ₹ 2500000, then 25% of its total cost or a maximum of 6:25 lakhs, whichever is less, will be provided to him under Margin Money Scheme.
- If the project cost amount of an industry ranges from ₹ 2500000 to ₹ 5000000, they will be provided 20% of the project cost or out of 6:25 lakh, whichever is higher the margin money scheme.
- If the project cost amount of an industry ranges from ₹ 5000000 to ₹ 15000000, they will be provided 10% of the project cost or 10 lakh, whichever is higher, under the margin money scheme.
- If the project cost amount of industry is more than ₹ 15000000, then 10% of its total cost or 20 lakhs maximum, whichever is less, will be provided to him under the Margin Money Scheme.
- If an entrepreneur successfully works under this scheme for two years, the amount given under the margin money scheme will be merged with subsidy.
- If you want more information in this regard, then please visit the official website of the Uttar Pradesh government or contact the DIC near you.
What is the Skill Development scheme under ODOP?
The ODOP Capacity Development and Tool Kit Distribution Scheme’s main objective is to make personnel more efficient for the range of products selected under the ODOP scheme across Uttar Pradesh, keeping in mind the scaled workforce required for the present and future. Through this scheme, various artisans and workers are equipped with modern tool kits to develop their unique skills.
To avail of this scheme, artisans and workers must have the following eligibility criteria-
- The applicant should not be less than 18 years of age.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- The applicant does not require any educational qualification for this.
- The applicant has not received the tool kits related benefits under any other scheme from India’s Government or the Government of Uttar Pradesh in the last two years.
- The applicant or his family can avail of this scheme only once, where family means a family formed by husband and wife.
- To avail of this scheme, the applicant has to submit an affidavit that he/she is meeting all the eligibility criteria.
- Artisans who are already competent will be given training in RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning). They will also be issued a certificate by the respective Sector Capacity Council (Sector Skill Council).
- Artisans who are not perfection proficient will be given ten days of special training, and after training, a certificate will also be provided by RPL.
- Under this scheme, an honorarium will be provided to the craftsmen or trainees receiving training at the rate of ₹ 200 per day.
- A modern kit will be provided free of cost by the department to all the craftsperson’s undergoing training under this scheme.
Please visit the Uttar Pradesh government’s official website or contact the DIC near you if you want more information in this regard.
What is the Common Facility Centre (CFC) scheme?
The objective of the CFC scheme
To make the One District One Product Scheme a success, the Common Facility Center Scheme has also been started by the State Government under various types of ancillary schemes, under which the following activities are included –
- Testing Lab
- Design Development and Training Centre
- Technical research and Development Centre
- Product exhibition cum Selling Centre
- Raw Material Bank / Common Resource Centre
- Common Logistics Centre
- Information, Communication and Broadcasting Centre
- Packaging, Labelling and Barcoding facilities
- Other such facilities related to missing link of the value chain
NGOs (Non-Governmental Organisations), Volunteer Organizations, Self Help Groups, Producer Companies, Private Limited Companies, Limited Liability Partnership, Cooperatives, etc., have been included in the Common Facility Center Scheme under the One District One Product Scheme by the State Government.
Process of establishing a Common Facility Centre (CFC)
- A Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) will be prepared under the Common Facility Center Scheme
- The Special Purpose Vehicle team will have at least 20 members, of which at least two-thirds of the total members will be related to the One District One Product program.
- The special purpose vehicle will be registered with the Appropriate Registration Authority.
- There will be some representatives of the state government related to ODOP products in the special purpose vehicle.
- No single member shall hold more than 10% stake in a special purpose vehicle.
- The management implementation of the Common Facility Center will be responsible for maintaining the Special Purpose Vehicle team, and the state government will not bear the expenses related to it.
- EOI (Expression of Interest) will be sought from interested parties for this scheme.
- If the cost of a common facility centre project is up to 15 crores, the state government will provide 90% of the project cost as assistance, and the remaining 10% of the project cost will be borne by the special purpose vehicle.
- Even if the cost of a common facility centre project is more than 15 crores, financial assistance will be provided by the state government. Still, the contribution of the state government will be calculated in the amount of 15 crores only.
- The State Government will also assist with a similar project related institution, which has earlier received approval from the Central Government or the State Government but is still incomplete due to lack of funds. The state government will help them only after giving proper explanations for these projects.
If you want more information in this regard, you must visit Uttar Pradesh’s Government’s official website or contact the DIC near you.
How We Can Apply Online for ODOP Scheme
If you want to apply online under the Uttar Pradesh government’s ambitious scheme One District One Product, then follow the steps given below-
- To apply online under the ODOP scheme, the first applicant will have to visit the official website where the official website home page will open.
- Move your mouse to the option “Apply Online” in the navigation menu on the official website. Once you move the mouse, you will see ODOP margin money scheme options or ODOP training and tool kits. If you want to apply to the margin money scheme, click on the ODOP margin money scheme’s link.
- If you want to apply for the ODOP Training & Tool Kit, click on the ODOP Training & Tool Kit Scheme link. In both cases, you will be redirected to the new page.
- Select your plan on the No page and click the Apply option given in front of it. A new page will open in front of you.
- After this, you will have to register yourself to log in to the official website. To register, go to the “Applicant Login” option given in the login section and click on “New User Registration” New User Registration.
- A new pop up page will open. On this page, details of the scheme related to the applicant in which he has to apply, details of the applicant’s name, date of birth, father’s name, mobile number, email I.D. and district name will be sought. Fill in all the information sought in the relevant field.
- Fill the below-given security code, i.e. CAPTCHA code, in the given column and submit. In this way, your registration process will be completed.
- After this, the applicants change their password, go to the login section again, and log in with the user I.D. and password.
- If the applicant is already registered on this portal of the department, then go directly to the login section, fill in the security code given below using the user I.D. and password and click on the login button.
- The applicant can get the list of mandatory documents or instructions in the department’s portal schemes by clicking on the link “Important Instructions for Online Beneficiary Examination Scheme”.
- All the documents to be uploaded by the applicant should be clear and visible when applying. If it does not clear, the applicant is sent back to the portal for uploading the documents again, or the application can be rejected.
- Before applying, the applicant should ensure that the scanned copy of all the documents uploaded in the application is in JPEG or PDF format, and its size is 300 KB or less. The latest passport size photo size should be 20 kV or less.
- After that, the applicant will complete the online application in the following three steps: (i) First, the applicant will fill all the fields available in the given online application accurately. (ii) Upload all the documents required as per the requirement of the scheme. (iii) Affidavit If necessary for any scheme, after taking a printout of it and getting it verified by Notary, we will upload the verified copy.
- After this, the applicant should take a printout of the draft copy and check that there is no error in the application. If you see any mistake, fix it.
- The applicant should ensure that all the necessary documents uploaded by him should be visible on the site of the portal.
- After this, the applicant should submit the final application. Keep in mind that once the application is finally submitted, it cannot be amended in any way.
- After the final submission of the application, take a print out of it for future reference.
- The applicant can check the status of their application by going to the “Application Status” option on the portal, filling in their application number.
How to Know Status of Application Online
If you have applied online under the Uttar Pradesh government’s ambitious scheme One District One Product and want to know the status of your application, then follow the steps given below-
- To know the status of online application under the ODOP scheme, visit the ODOP scheme’s official website. The official web site’s home page will open.
- Move your mouse to the option “Apply Online” in the navigation menu on the official website. As soon as you move the mouse, you will see the ODOP margin money scheme or ODOP training and tool kits options.
- If you want to apply to the margin money scheme, click on the ODOP margin money scheme’s link.
- If you want to apply for the ODOP Training & Tool Kit, click on the ODOP Training & Tool Kit Scheme link. In both cases, you will be redirected to the new page.
- On the new page, select your plan and click on the Apply option given in front of it. A new page will open in front of you.
- Fill your application number in the prescribed column in the application status section given below the login section.
- After this, click on the option to know the status of your application. Details of your application will appear on the screen of your system.
Important Download Links
Various types of materials related to the One District One Product Scheme of the Government of Uttar Pradesh can be downloaded by visiting the following download link: –
|ODOP Book||Click Here|
|Coffee Table Book||Click Here|
|ODOP Booklet Archive||Click Here|
|Application Forms||Click Here|
|Success Stories||Click Here|
FAQs Related to ODOP Scheme
Q.-1: Is there any age limit to apply under the ODOP scheme?
Ans: Yes, if a person wants to apply under the ODOP scheme, then his age is compulsory to be 18 years or more.
Q.-2: If an applicant has doubts related to the One District One Product Scheme, then whom can he contact for resolving it?
Ans: If any person has any doubts about the One District One Product Scheme, he can contact toll-free number 1820 180 888. Also, you can contact your nearest DIC for more information.
Q.-3: Is there any particular scheme for women under the One District One Product Scheme?
Ans: No, no unique scheme for women has been nominated in this regard yet, yet any woman entrepreneur can apply for the benefits under the Stand Up India scheme.
Q.-4: What is the list of products which have been selected from different districts under this scheme?
Ans:Under this scheme, each district has an iconic product. If you want to see the list of these products, click on the List of Selected District Wise Products under the ODOP Schmen link.
Q.-5: If my product is listed in another district product, can I avail myself the benefit of the One District One Product Scheme from other districts?
Ans: No, the benefits of this scheme are given only to those included in the product listed in the district wise list of products.
Q.-6: How many members of a family can get benefits under this scheme?
Ans: Only one family member can avail of this scheme under the One District One Product Scheme. The family here means a family made up of husband and wife.
Q.-7: If a person has benefited from any other scheme under the Central Government or State Government, can he also apply for getting a loan or profit under the One District One Product Scheme?
Ans– If a person has previously obtained a loan under any other government scheme, he is not eligible to apply for the One District One Product Scheme. However, for more information, please review the specific plan of the department.
Q.-8: If the applicant’s loan is accepted by the concerned Tribunal (DIC) under the One District One Product Scheme, but if the bank refuses to give loan, what should the applicant do in that situation?
Ans: First of all, the applicant should meet the bank manager in this regard and find out the reason for refusal to give loan. If a satisfactory reply is not received in this regard, assistance may be sought from the bank head. Every complaint made in this regard will be redressed by the bank head. For more information in this regard, visit the Reserve Bank of India link.
Ministers’ & Government Officers’ List
One District One Product Scheme is one of the ambitious schemes of the Government of Uttar Pradesh. Under this, the market demand is being increased by making various local products known in various districts of the state government, craftsmen or workers producing them, famous and globally famous through modernisation and advertisement by providing proper training and loan support.
So that the level of employment can be increased at the district level. For this, the state government approved an amount of about 250 crore rupees in the budget of 2018-19. Through this scheme, the state government is not only increasing the production of these products, but they are also being reborn.
Through this scheme, the state government is not only providing loans to the workers and craftsmen, but also provides them training to provide them skills in their work.
Also Read: – Rastriya Parivarik Labh Yojana Uttar Pradesh