[PM eVIDYA] One Nation One Digital Platform (Diksha QR Code e-Content)
PM eVIDYA One Nation One Digital Platform | PM eVIDHYA Program|Pradhan Mantri eVIDYA | Diksha QR Code e-Content
Nowadays, the whole world is going through the phase of the covid-19 epidemic. Due to which the lockdown was imposed in the country. Due to the lockdown, students have lost their opportunity to study in schools and universities. The Government of India has prepared an online program for the university and students to compensate for the students’ loss of studies.
Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman on Sunday announced the PM eVIDYA program under the One Nation One Platform project for online courses for Indian students. THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA HAS PREPARED the PM eVIDYA program for more than 100 Indian universities and students. Under this program, courses have been started for online studies of students from 30th May 2020.
At the time of the announcement of the PM eVIDYA program, the Finance Minister announced the Swayam Prabha DTH channel for those students who were unable to study online from the PM eVIDYA course due to lack of internet facility.
Today, through this article, we will talk about all aspects of the PM E Vidya curriculum. What is the PM E-Vidya curriculum? Who can get the benefit of this program? Will provide detailed information about etc.
PM eVidya Program/PM eVIDYA Program
|Name of Program||PM eVIDYA One Nation One Digital Platform|
|Program Announcement||Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, Finance Minister, Government of India|
|Beneficiary||Students of classes 1 to 12 and students of universities|
|Objective||To provide education through an online platform to save students from loss of studies due to lockdown due to infection of Covid-19 pandemic.|
|Official Website||Click Here or https://www.swayamprabha.gov.in/.|
|Program Start||30th May 2020|
|Scheme Availability||From 30th May 2020|
PM eVidya- One Nation One Digital Platform
Under the PM eVIDYA program, the Government of India has provided online studies for the students studying in more than 100 universities of the country from 30th May 2020. It is well known that every student cannot study online due to a lack of internet access. Keeping this problem in mind, the government will provide online studies to the students who do not have internet facilities through the Swayam Prabha DTH channel.
In addition to this channel, the Government of India has established 12 such channels to provide educational opportunities for students in regional languages.
Under the PM eVidya program, ‘Diksha’ and ‘Nistha’ programs have been included, and books of all classes have been included through e-content & QR code, which is called One Nation One Digital Platform. will be known.
A new channel for each class from class 1 to class 12 has been started by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, named one class one channel. The Government of India has also determined that it will produce radio podcasts and special e-content for visually impaired and deaf (hearing) students.
While announcing the PM eVIDYA program, Smt Nirmala Sitaram said that the government would not allow the loss of students’ studies due to the national lockdown. Radio community radio and podcasts will be used to provide online education to students. Two hundred eighty-nine community radio stations will be used for school education.
CBSE’s Shiksha Vani podcast is educative, clear, and from time to time, from class 9 to class 12, broadcasts audio content on these topics. CBSE Shiksha One app is available on Google Play Store. Shiksha Vani has included more than 400 audio files on various subjects as per the NCERT syllabus.
HRD Minister informed through a tweet that unique material would be made available for visually impaired and deaf and hard of hearing children. This content will be developed in the Digital Accessible Information System (DAISY) and sign language on the NIOS website and YouTube channel.
For the visually impaired
The study material for visually impaired students has been developed in a Digital Accessible Information System with separate technical parameters for digital audiobooks, magazines, and computerized lessons.
Visually impaired students will access all the study materials of NIOS through a digitally accessible information system. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting will broadcast this lesson under Gyan Prabha channel 30 Gyan Amrit.
For hearing impaired
The course material of NIOS for the hearing impaired students has been recorded in sign language, which has been made available on the NIOS website and the YouTube channel. This material can also be sent to the students through DVD.
Swayam Prabha TV channel
The Ministry of Human Resource Development has introduced the Swayamprabha DTH TV channel for those students who cannot get online education due to lack of internet access. Swayam Prabha TV channel is a conglomerate of 32 channels broadcasting high-quality educational programs.
Out of this TV channel group, 4 Panini-27, Sharda-28, Gyanamrit-39, Vagda-32 by NIOS, and Kishore Manch-31 channel are already used by NCERT for dissemination of teaching and learning material related to school education.
Learners can access these channels through DD Dish TV and the Jio TV app. NIOS has also organized live interactive web streaming of personal contact programs on various subjects of secondary, senior secondary, and vocational courses for the learners associated with it through Mukt Vidya Vani. Radio Vahini has also broadcast individual contact programs on various subjects to reach out to the learners and the general public.
What is Diksha?
The full meaning of Diksha is a digital infrastructure for knowledge sharing. The Government of India has also included the Diksha platform under the PM eVIDYA Program. Online NCERT NIOS CBSE Text Books have been made available to the students through this platform. Two thousand six hundred eighty-five courses have been made available to the students through this portal which can be accessed through Diksha App and QR codes.
So far, 8.46 crore courses have been enrolled, and more than 6.87 crore courses have been completed through the Diksha portal. So far, 316 crore learning sessions have been provided to the students by the education portal.
Under the Diksha program, content is being made available to students in 14 Indian languages such as Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, and Chhattisgarhi.
Shortly, many high-quality learning and teaching e-resources will be made available through the Vidyadaan program. The VidyaDaan program has been launched at the national level by the government to enable individuals and organizations to donate/contribute e-learning resources to school education to ensure the continuity of quality education.
What is the Nistha Program?
The full form of the Nistha Program is the National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic Advancement Program. The main objective of this program is to improve the learning outcomes at the elementary level of education with the overall advancement of school heads and teachers through integrated teacher training initiatives.
The Nishtha program is being made available by the Government of India in 11 languages; so far, 51683385 teachers have enrolled.
Mental Counseling Program
Mono Darpan channel has been started to provide mental counseling and guidance to students and teachers for psychological support under the PM eVIDYA program. Under this program, 308 live sessions and 45 live teaching-learning interventions have been included for the exclusive classroom.
Purpose of PM eVIDYA Program
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government of India imposed a nationwide lockdown to prevent infection, forcing the closure of universities and schools. Due to the lockdown, the studies of the students were being affected badly. The main objective of the Government of India behind launching the PM eVIDYA program is to provide education through digital platforms while compensating for the loss of studies to the students during the lockdown.
Key Highlights of PM eVidya Program
Benefits of PM eVIDYA Program
The Government of India has started the online course PM eVIDYA program to save students from loss in studies due to Kovid-19 infection. Through this program, education is being provided to the students of more than 100 universities and all country schools through an online platform. With the introduction of this program, the students will get the following benefits.
- Students will get the opportunity to get an education from home.
- Students have got a one-stop solution platform to get an education.
- Visually impaired and deaf, and hard of hearing students have got an education through a special radio podcast.
- Students have got the facility of e-content along with online studies from home.
- Students who do not have internet facilities in their homes have got the opportunity to educate through educational TV channels launched by the government.
- Through this program, a new era has been started for the students to get education through a digital medium.
Features of PM eVIDYA Program
PM eVIDYA program is a commendable step initiated by the Government of India to compensate for the loss in studies of students due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has the following features.
- The Government of India has announced to start courses for online education from 30th May 2020 to more than 100 universities of the country.
- At the time of the announcement of the PM eVidya program, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had said that educational opportunities should be provided to children through radio, community radio, and podcasts.
- A particular type of e-content has been prepared for visually impaired and hearing-impaired students.
- Under this program, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has prepared a dedicated channel for the students of classes I to XII, which will be called One Class One Channel.
- Through the One Nation One Digital Platform program integrating Diksha Portal with the PM eVIDYA program, e-contents and textbooks will be available to all states and union territories through QR codes.
- The Government of India will prepare the Mono Darpan channel for the mental health and emotional well-being of students, teachers, and parents.
- The government will prepare a new Integrated National Curriculum and Pedagogical Framework for schools, early childhood, and teachers, keeping in mind the global and 21st-century skills needed.
- The Government of India has started the National Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission from December 2020 to enhance the learning level of every child and achieve the outcome up to 5th grade.
- Swayam Prabha DTH channel has been started for the students who cannot study due to lack of internet.
- Interactive sessions of experts will be made available to the students through Skype and other social media platforms.
- Under this program, private DTH operators like Tata Sky, Airtel, Dish TV, etc., will also provide educational videos to the students for two years.
- More than 200 new textbooks will be added to the already running e-Pathshala online portal.
The Government of India has started the Pradhan Mantri E Vidya Program (PM eVIDYA Program) to compensate for the loss caused to the students in education due to the Kovid-19 epidemic, which can be called a commendable step by the government. Under this program, dedicated TV channels have been provided to the students from classes 1 to 12. Separate radio podcasts and e-contents have been arranged for visually impaired and hearing-impaired students. Online education cannot be seen as an alternative to traditional education, but the loss of education to the students can be compensated due to the lockdown.
Read Also: – What is e-Gram Swaraj ?