How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2021 (PMUY) | Application Form Download & Search List
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Form Online Apply | Ujjwala Yojana PM online application | PM Ujjwala Yojana | Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Online Form | PMUY Apply Online | PM Ujjwala Yojana 2021
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana: – Do you know what PM Ujjwala Yojana or Ujjwala Gas Yojana and how to apply Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Online? If you do not know, I will give you detailed information on applying Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana List, and other essential aspects of this post today.
Any country creates and implements new schemes to improve the standard of living of its citizens. Until sometime back in the rural areas of India, food was cooked with wood fuel. The rural women used to have a lot of trouble with the smoke emanating from wood-burning while cooking. The Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, has started the Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana to deliver gas cylinders to every poor household, giving priority to the same problem of rural women.
The central government’s main objective behind the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is to provide safe, clean kitchen fuel to all the families who currently use the old unsafe and polluting fuel for cooking. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was announced on May 1, 2016, by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi with the tagline “Swachh Indhan, Behtar Jeevan.”
Under PM Ujjwala Yojana, India’s Government provides LPG gas cylinders free of cost to all BPL ration card holders and APL ration card holders living above the poverty line as all those helpless women living below the poverty line in the country. Who still cooks traditionally using fuel.
Key Highlights of PM Ujjwala Yojana
|Name of Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana|
|Launched Year||1st, May 2016|
|Type of Scheme||Central Govt. Scheme|
|Launched by||Shri Narender Modi, Prime Minister of India|
|Scheme Launched From||Ballia, Bihar|
|Key People (Ujjwala Man)||Shri Dharmender Pradhan (Ministry of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Steel of India)|
|Present Status of Scheme||Active|
|Eligibility||All BPL & APL Ration Card Holder|
|Ministry||Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas|
|Purpose of Scheme||To Provide free LPG Gas Cylinder Connection to Poor Women|
|Secondary Purpose of Scheme||Avoiding harm to children and women due to traditional fuel smoke|
|Scheme Target||Distribution of LPG Gas Connection among 8 Crore BPL & APL Households|
|Scheme Time Frame||4 Years, FY 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19 & 2019-20|
|Allocated Budget||Rs. 8,000/- Crore & additional 4800 Crore|
|Financial Help by Govt.||Rs. 1600/- Per LPG Connection|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Twitter Handle||Click Here|
|Facebook Account||Click Here|
The Prime Minister Ujjwala scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India. All the expenses under this scheme are borne by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. This scheme is linked to Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of ‘Smoke-Free Rural India.’
Its main objective is to provide a subsidized LPG connection to five crore families across the country, especially women living below the poverty line (BPL), by 2019. The government believes that this scheme will increase the use of LPG and at the same time reduce smoke, air pollution, and deforestation, which can reduce health.
The contribution of 75 lakh middle class and lower-middle-class families in the country to the PMUY cannot be forgotten, who voluntarily gave up their cooking gas subsidy at Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s request under the ‘Give it Up’ campaign. Under which the Government of India saved Rs 5000 crore Subsidy, it is easy to implement the government’s scheme.
PM Ujjwala Yojana Key Features –
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) sanctioned Rs 8000 crore for the next three years about the scheme.
- The Government of India will distribute five crores of LPG connections to BPL families with the financial support of Rs 1600 through the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
- The Government of India had made a provision of about Rs 2000 crores in the 2016 budget speech announcing this scheme.
- LPG Connection will be issued in the name of women beneficiaries only.
- The government will provide an EMI facility for stove and refill costs in PMUY.
The Purpose of PM Ujjwala Yojana
- The main objective of the Government of India behind the implementation of PMUY Yojana is to protect the environment by providing safe LPG gas cylinders to women of BPL and APL ration cardholder families instead of using hazardous conventional fuels. The burning of traditional and hazardous fuels produces an excessive amount of smoke, causing hardship to women cooking and environmental damage from air pollution.
- Until the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana implementation, women of families coming from below the poverty line in many rural parts of the country had to collect wood and cookstoves and cook food. Its smoke causes great harm to the health of women and children.
- Now the health of women and children will be protected using an LPG gas connection provided through the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. The Government of India is promoting women’s empowerment through Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme.
- Promoting the use of healthy fuels bypassing the traditional option for cooking through Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana is also an objective of the Government of India.
PM Ujjwala Yojana Budget, Grants and Financial Assistance
- Successful implementation of the scheme for 3 years by India’s Government provided a total budget allocation of Rs 8000 crores. The government had made a provision of 2000 crores for the implementation of PMUY 2016-2017. The target of distributing LPG connections to about 1.5 crores BPL families within the current financial year.
- The money saved in LPG subsidy through the Give it UP campaign will be used in this scheme. At the prime minister’s request, 1.13 crore people of the middle and lower-middle-class of the country had given up an LPG subsidy of about Rs. 5,000 crores under the Give It UP campaign.
- Through this scheme, eligible BPL Card Holder families are being provided LPG Gas Connection along with a support amount of Rs 1600. Under this scheme, the gas connection will be given only to the female member of the family. The government is also providing the facility of EMI for assistance.
Eligibility of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Only women can be applicants in this scheme.
- Female applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- The applicant must be a BPL ration cardholder from a rural family.
- The female applicant should have a savings bank account in any nationalized bank.
- There should not be any LPG gas connection in the home of the applying woman.
Required Documents for Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana 2021
- The applicant should have a BPL certificate issued by the concerned Municipality President (Urban Area) / Panchayat Pradhan (Rural Area).
- Identity certificate (Aadhaar card or voter ID card)
- BPL Ration Card
- Aadhaar number of all family members
- Passport size photograph
- Address proof
- caste certificate
- Jan Dhan Bank Account Details / Bank Pass Book
- A Declaration of 14 points is required in the prescribed format signed by the applicant.
PM Ujjwala Yojana 2021
Initially, Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’s objective was to provide LPG gas cylinders connection free of cost to women living below the poverty line. Later, the Indian Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi Ji, decided to provide LPG gas cylinder connections to BPL cardholders and APL card holders families while expanding the scope of this scheme making changes under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala scheme.
Women belonging to any low-income family have been given the right to apply under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme. Any woman belonging to a low-income family can now get a free LPG gas cylinder connection under this scheme. Through the PMUY LPG Gas Connection Scheme 2021, the Government of India provides a subsidy of Rs. 1600 to eligible beneficiaries on getting a new gas connection.
Amendment in PM Ujjwala Scheme
- When PM Ujjwala Yojana was launched, the target was to provide free LPG gas connections to around five crores BPL ration cardholder families. A target has been set to give an LPG gas cylinder connection to the women of the families of 8 crores BPL and APL ration cardholders in the country.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the Government of India has targeted to cover more than eight crores, low-income families of the country under this scheme by 2019-20. To achieve Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’s revised target, the Government of India has launched the expanded Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
- In the Prime Minister Ujjwala scheme, there has been a lot of change by the central government. If you want to see the changes made in this scheme by the central government in detail, click on the link of the amendment.
Who can be the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, all those families are eligible under the Socio-Economic and Caste Census 2011 (SECC 2011).
- People from all SC / ST families are covered under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana.
- People are falling below the poverty line set by the Government of India.
- All the families are covered under Antyodaya Yojana.
- All the forest dwellers who are inhabiting the forest.
- Most people belong to the backward class.
- Tea and Tea Plantation Tribes.
- People who are living on different islands.
- People who are living in the river islands.
Facts of PM Ujjwala Scheme in a Nutshell
- Under the scheme, an amount of Rs 1600 will be transferred to Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’s eligible families. The Government of India will transfer this amount to the bank account of the woman of the qualified family, which can be used to buy LPG gas cylinders. The family has also been given an EMI facility to purchase gas cylinders.
- The government has started sending the first installment of unrestrained gas cylinders to the eligible families under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme from April 1. Only three LPG cylinders of 14.2 kg will be made available under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
- Under this scheme, every beneficiary has to be given one free cylinder in a month. After the family takes the first gas cylinder’s delivery, the second installment presented under this scheme is deposited in the consumer’s account. After some time, the third installment is also credited to the consumer’s account.
- The time required for the refill to be filled between 2 cylinders by the consumer is at least 15 days.
- Initially, the scheme was only for women from rural families living below the poverty line. But later, by changing the scheme, the scope has been expanded to include BPL and APL card holding families in the country.
- Initially, only five crore people living below the poverty line were covered under this scheme, but now the scope of the scheme has been increased to 8 crores by including APL cardholders.
- The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has made a provision of Rs 800 crore for this scheme. To avail benefits of this scheme, the eligible family will have to apply in the name of the woman of the family.
- Those who have already applied under this scheme will get free LPG cylinders by June 2020 due to LockDown.
- The PMUY scheme is also presently operational, and to date, about 715 districts of different states of the country have been covered under this scheme.
Benefits and Features of Ujjwala Scheme PM 2021
- Families with BPL ration cardholders can get free LPG gas cylinders through Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana.
- After expanding the scope of the scheme, there was a female member of a low-income family living above the poverty line, under this scheme can get free LPG gas cylinders.
- Under this scheme, LPG gas connection is being provided free of cost to poor women by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India.
- Ujjwala scheme PM 2021 can be availed by every eligible woman above the age of 18 years.
- Under this scheme, three cylinders of 14.2KG are being provided to women from low-income families.
- The availability of gas cylinders to women in the scheme has made it easier than conventional fuels in cooking.
- Instead of using conventional fuel by the rural women in cooking, the use of LPG has reduced the damage done to the environment.
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’s main objective is to provide free LPG gas connections covering the eight crore low-income families of the country under this scheme.
- To avail benefits of this scheme, it is essential to have a bank account of a woman of the family holding a BPL and APL ration card.
- Women empowerment is being promoted through Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Online Apply How to apply?
A woman desirous of availing benefits under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana can download Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Form from the official website of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. After downloading the application form, fill in the information asked in the application form, such as the Aadhaar card number, mobile number, name, address, etc., right in the prescribed column.
After this, all the necessary documents sought along with the application form should be attached to the application form and submitted to your nearest LPG Gas Agency.
Submission of the application form will be verified. After verification, your LPG gas connection will be issued within 10 to 15 days.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Online Application Form
Under PMUY Yojana, the Government of India is providing financial assistance of Rs. 1600 to all BPL and APL ration cardholder families for taking LPG gas cylinders. The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, belongs to a low-income family and is well aware of the problems faced by women living in rural areas with hazardous natural fuels.
To overcome this problem of rural women, through the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2021 by the central government, LPG gas connections are being made available to all BPL and APL ration card holders families in the country. The central government has put the objective of providing LPG cylinder connections to every poor woman under this scheme as its priority.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, if a woman wants to apply and get free gas connection by availing of this scheme, the woman should be at least 18 years of age. If the woman is less than 18 years of age, then the woman cannot avail of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana Portal
To make the Prime Minister Ujjwala scheme a success, the Government of India has resorted to a portal already established under the aegis of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. The portal was designed, developed, and hosted by the National Informatics Center (NIC), an ICT organization. It is an official portal of the Government of India.
The portal has been developed as a Mission Mode Project (MMP) under the Government’s E-Governance Plan (NEGP). The portal was launched in November 2005.
The purpose behind the portal is to provide access to information and services offered by the Government of India in a single window for citizens and other stakeholders. Through this portal, an attempt is made to provide comprehensive, accurate, reliable, and one-stop source information about India and its various aspects.
Prime Minister LPG Panchayat
Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat is a type of event where a meeting is held between the Prime Minister and the beneficiaries receiving benefits under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme. In this meeting, if the beneficiary has any information about the scheme’s services, he can put his point of concern in front of the prime minister without any fear and hesitation. According to a statement issued by the Government of India, the main objective of the meeting between the Prime Minister & the beneficiaries of the scheme is to establish an engagement with the beneficiaries of the scheme.
PMUY State-wise Connection Distribution
|Name of the States||Total Connections Provided|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||13,103|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||14,438|
|Daman and Diu||427|
|Jammu and Kashmir||12,03,246|
PM Ujjwala Yojana New Update
Under the Prime Minister Ujjwala scheme, providing unrestrained gas cylinders to families holding BPL and APL ration cards was made on September 30, 2020. Through this scheme, only till September 30, gas cylinders will be provided free of cost to women living below the poverty line BPL and women holding APL ration cards.
Eligible women who have not yet received the benefit of this scheme should apply to benefit the plan as early as September 30. Under this scheme now, 7.4 million women belonging to low-income families have been given free LPG gas cylinders and connections by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India. Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, September 30 may be the last chance for women of low-income families to get a free LPG Cylinder.
Form Download Link Related To Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
PMUY application form Click Here
PMUY KYC form Click Here
PMUY-Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Helpline Number
In this article related to the Prime Minister Ujjwala scheme, I have given all the information regarding this scheme. If you are still facing any problem to avail of this scheme, you should contact helpline number 1906 & 18002333555 related to this scheme. A customer representative must diagnose your problem.