What is the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana (RVY) ? | How to Apply Online for RVY?
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana | Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana Online Application | Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana Apply Online | Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana Eligibility | Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana Customer Care Number
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana: – Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India has made “Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana (RVY)” for Senior Citizens. The scheme was launched on 1 April 2017. The plan has been established to provide Physical Aid and assistive devices to senior citizens belonging to the BPL category.
The main objective of Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana is to provide Physical Aid and aids in life to senior citizens of the BPL category who suffer from Disability/infirmity due to age so that they can easily carry out normal life tasks. Assisted living devices are provided free of cost to senior citizens, such as walking sticks, elbow crutches, walkers/crutches, tripods/quad pods, hearing aids, wheelchairs, artificial dentures, and spectrum, etc. by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment under the scheme.
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana is being implemented by Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO), a public sector company under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The beneficiaries under this scheme are identified through assessment camps organized in collaboration with the State Government / District Administration. In the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana, the distribution of assistive devices for life is done through camps organized in selected districts.
Key Highlights of Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
|Name of Scheme||Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana (RVY)|
|Scheme Launched on||1st April, 2017|
|Scheme Launched by||Govt of India|
|Related Department||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Govt. of India|
|Beneficiaries||Senior Citizens of BPL Category of India|
|Purpose of Scheme||To provide aids and assisted living devices to Senior Citizens of BPL Category|
|Scheme Implementation Unit||Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India
|Official Website||Click Here|
In the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana, equipment provided to senior citizens of 80 years of age and above are provided at his / her home. So far, about 325 districts have been included for the implementation of Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana. Almost 80,000 senior citizens belonging to the BPL category have served under 77 distribution camps in 135 districts of the country under this scheme.
The Government of India bears the entire expenditure of the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana. The expenditure on implementing this scheme is obtained from the Senior Citizens Welfare Fund, which the Government of India established in 2016.
The Objective of the Rashtriya Vyasri Yojana
The main objective of Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana, fully funded by the Government of India, is to help senior citizens living below the poverty line, who are facing physical debility and infirmity due to old age. Under this scheme, senior citizens are provided free equipment such as walking sticks, elbow crutches, walkers/crutches, tripods/quad pods, hearing aids, wheelchairs, artificial dentures, and spectrum, etc.
Through these devices, senior citizens can carry out their daily tasks successfully. The accessories provided under the scheme are of high quality in conformity with the Bureau of Indian Standards standards. The main objective of the Government of India behind this scheme is to reduce dependence on other members of the family due to physical disability and infirmity due to age to senior citizens of the BPL category.
Features of Rashtriya Vayoshri Scheme
- Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana is for BPL category seniors aged 60 years or more.
- The scheme was launched by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, on 1 April 2017.
- The Government of India fully funds it. The cost of the scheme comes from the Senior Citizens Welfare Fund, which the Government of India set up in 2016.
- The Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana is carried out by the Artificial Limb Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO).
- Under this scheme, aids and assisted living devices are provided free of cost by the Government of India to the BPL category senior citizens to overcome the infirmity/disability arising out of excess age.
- All unclaimed amounts of small savings accounts, PPF, and EPF in the Senior Citizens Welfare Fund are transferred to this fund.
- Under the Rashtriya Vyasri Yojana, beneficiaries are provided with accessories such as walking sticks, elbow crutches, walkers/crutches, tripods/quadpods, hearing aids, wheelchairs, artificial dentures, and spectacles as per the requirement.
- Under this scheme, (i) Low Vision, (ii) Hearing impairment, (iii) Loss of teeth, (iv) Locomotor disability, etc., disability/infirmity has been included.
- Approximately ₹ 7000 per beneficiary cost is incurred on the equipment provided to the beneficiaries under the scheme.
- The Government of India selects the beneficiaries through district-level committees in the state governments.
- The equipment provided under the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana is distributed through distribution camps.
- Various types of camps are organized by Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO) ”.
Equipment to be Distributed in Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
The following aids and assisted-living devices are provided to senior citizens living below the poverty line of 60 or more than 60 years of age under the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana.
- Walking Cane & Stick Manufacturers
- Behind the Ear Hearing Aid Digital
- Motorised Tricycle
- Wheel Chairs
- Axilla & Elbow Crutches
- Pocket Type Hearing Aid
- Motorised Wheel Chair
- Spinal Orthotics Braces for Neck & amp; Back
- Braille Shorthand Machine
- Braille Slate
- MSIED Kit Manuals
Scope of Rashtriya Vyoshri Yojana
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana covers those senior citizens of the BPL category who are suffering from physical disability/weakness due to excess age. Such seniors need assistive devices to overcome the loss of sight, hearing loss, tooth loss, and locomotor disability due to excessive age. Senior citizens with disabilities require a government medical officer’s certificate to get assistive devices. It is necessary to follow certain eligibility conditions for obtaining accessories under the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana.
The equipment provided under this scheme is completely free, which India’s Government spends from the Senior Citizen Welfare Fund. The average cost of equipment to be given to each beneficiary under the scheme is around ₹ 7000. The implementing agency of the plan arranges for the maintenance of the equipment provided for one year. The Government of India gives 50% of the amount in advance to the Implementation Agency.
Implementation of Rashtriya Vyasri Yojana
A three-tier implementation strategy has been devised to provide material assistance and assisted living equipment to senior citizens under the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana. The implementation of the scheme includes the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Nodal Department of State / Union Territory, District Level Committee, etc. The roles and responsibilities of the three units are different.
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment: The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment of India’s Government is the nodal Ministry overseeing the Rashtriya Vayoshri Scheme implementation. The Ministry will provide financial support, and the Artificial Limb Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO) will provide technical guidelines for the equipment to be purchased. The Ministry also sets out detailed financial and procurement procedures and conditions and distribution policies, and procedural guidelines for aids and assisted-living devices.
State Nodal Department: The Social Welfare Department of each State / Union Territory / Department concerned with the welfare of senior citizens / a citizen or department nominated by the State Government will act as the Nodal Department for the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana. The Government of India has the authority to re-allocate districts when required. For the implementation of the scheme, priority is given to the communities having backward and rural areas and senior citizens residing in the shelter home.
District Level Committee: The Central Government notifies the committee’s composition at the district level for the implementation, control, and identification of eligible people of the scheme. This committee will be headed by the Deputy Commissioner, Collector, District Chief Medical Officer, District Social Welfare Officer, Joint Director, Deputy Director Social Welfare, Joint Director, or any person equivalent. The committee members are the District level officer handling matters related to senior citizens/directors or equivalent at the district level in the United Women’s Department / Child Development and the Chief Executive Officer of the Zilla Parishad. In urban areas, the Municipal Commissioner is a member of this committee.
Method of Implementation of Rashtriya Vayoshri Scheme
The Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana is being implemented by the Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO), a public sector company under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. The beneficiaries of the scheme are identified by a committee constituted by the State Government / Union Territory Administration under the chairmanship of the Deputy Commissioner / District Collector.
Data related to the Old Age Pension Scheme under Rashtriya Social Assistance Program (NSAP), pension schemes for senior citizens belonging to the BPL category at the state level are used to locate beneficiaries by the State Government / Union Territory Administration / District Level Committee.
The devices provided under the Rashtriya Vayoshri Scheme are distributed through district-level camps organized by ALIMCO. ALIMCO publishes the price list of equipment with the standards and specifications as per the Indian Standards Bureau. The pricing of each piece of equipment under the scheme is done through a pricing camp. After pricing through the pricing camp, the price list of equipment is sent by ALIMCO to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The Ministry publishes the price list on its website.
Equipment Distribution Camps Organized for Rashtriya Vyoshri Yojana
The camps are organized based on the procedure laid down by ALIMCO to provide physical aids and assistive living devices to the “senior citizens” of the BPL category under the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana. The camps are organized in three phases by Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation, which is as follows.
Phase I – Estimating the number of equipment required
- On receiving a written request from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment or the State Governments, ALIMCO will initiate camp activities and write the letter to the District Authority and obtain the necessary permission.
- After formal approval, ALIMCO will visit the district to determine the campsite and date. The camps proposed by ALIMCO will be widely publicized by print media, vehicle publicity, distribution of pamphlets, banners, and hoardings at strategic locations after the campsite and date have been determined. This promotion will be done through the Block Development Officer, Anganwadi Workers, and Asha Workers of the district. ALIMCO can also take the help of renowned NGOs for the promotion of camps.
- Registered beneficiaries are screened and written assessments by physicians/technicians / other professionals to assess their needs and the required assistive devices.
- Upon completion of the expert’s evaluation process, the beneficiaries will be provided with tokens to obtain the assistive devices prescribed for them.
- Based on the tokens distributed, ALIMCO prepares the list of physical aids and assistive devices required for the camp. The logistic department is instructed to supply the equipment at the campsite.
Phase II – Distribution Camp
- ALIMCO will appoint experts/technicians from various fields for safe and secure ‘fitment’ of equipment for the beneficiaries. The equipment to be provided to the beneficiaries will be based on the Bureau of Indian Standards’ norms. If a device does not have a BIS standard, ALIMCO will appoint experts for quality checks to ensure the equipment is certified.
- Once the date and venue of the distribution camp are fixed, the beneficiaries will be informed about the venue and date by ALIMCO through the designated District Authority / District Social Welfare Officer / Chief Medical Officer / Disabled Welfare Officer. For disseminating information about the place and date of the camp, the help of SMS service, print media, banners at strategic locations of the district, advertisements in local newspapers is taken.
- A team is appointed by ALIMCO seven working days before starting the distribution camp (excluding public holidays), making logistic arrangements such as tents, stage, seating arrangements, food, and water for the camp.
- Aids and assistive devices are distributed to the beneficiaries based on the tokens distributed in the presence of ALIMCO’s Rehabilitation Specialist and District Administration Representatives in the assessment camps.
- After the delivery process is complete, ALIMCO’s Rehabilitation Specialist will produce a consolidated report and distribution certificate. The distribution certificates will be certified by both ALIMCO and the district administration. A copy will be made available to the District Authority / District Social Welfare Officer / Handicapped Welfare Officer for the record. The consolidated report will be signed by the Designated District Authority / District Disability Officer as acknowledgment documents for delivery.
Phase-III – Post Distribution Activity
- After the distribution process is complete, the beneficiaries list, beneficiary’s name, photo, age, gender, father/husband name, BPL card number, address, contact number, Aadhaar number, type of handicap/infirmity, accessories distributed, and The details of equipment price, etc. are uploaded on the official website of ALIMCO and Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- After delivering Aids and assistive devices, approximately 10% of the beneficiaries’ equipment will be sampled by the implementing agency.
- The Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana Implementing Agency (ALIMCO) will use the toll-free number 18001805129 to receive feedback and provide post-camp services.
How to apply online for Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana?
Beneficiaries applying online for Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana follow the steps given below.
- First of all, visit the official website of Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana. The official website home page will open.
- An option of “Beneficiary Registration-CSC” will appear on the home page. Click on this option.
- On clicking the option of Beneficiary Registration-CSC, the login page of CSC-e-Governance Services India Ltd will open.
- If you are already registered on the Common Service Center portal, fill in your Email & Password on the Login page and click on the Submit button.
- If you are new, then visit the official website of CSC Portal. On the home page, under Navigation Menu, the option of New Registration will be available under the Apply Section. First register from here.
- After login, the option of Vayoshri Registration will appear. Click on the option of Vayoshri Registration.
- After clicking on Vayoshri Registration, the Vayoshri Registration Form will open. Fill in or select Name, Address, State, City, Tehsil, Pin Code, Mobile Number, Date of Birth, Age, Gender, BPL Status in the fields given in the form.
- Select ID Proof, Proof of Income from the drop-down list, and fill in the column given with the corresponding Document Number. Upload the scan copy of the document.
- Fill in the captcha code in the given field and click on the Submit button. A unique Application Number will be generated as soon as you submit it. Save it for future reference.
- Thus, using the above method, any person can apply online for the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana.
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana Statistics
The year-wise number of beneficiaries in the state and union territories under Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana is given in the table below.
|State-wise/Year-Wise Total Number of Senior Citizens Benefited under Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana (as on 25/01/2019)|
|States/UTs||No. of Beneficiaries|
|Total No. of Beneficiaries||34069||36870|
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana (RVY) Helpline Number
Detailed information regarding Rashtriya Vayoshri Scheme has been provided through this post; however, if a person needs any additional information related to the Rashtriya Vyshri Yojana or wants to solve any problem related to the scheme, So he can contact the concerned person at the email address and toll-free number 18001805129 given below.
Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India
G.T. Road, Kanpur – 209217
Ph.: 91-512-2770873, 2770687, 2770817
Fax: 91-512-2770617, 2770051, 2770123
Toll Free No. 1800-180-5129
Chairman & Managing Director
Shri D. R. Sarin
|Shri SANJAY PANDEY
(JS & FA, MOSJE)
|Dr. Prabodh Seth
|Dr. Aruna Arcot
Shri R. Lakshmipathi
Shri Umesh Jhalani
|Lt.Col.(Retd.) P.K. Dube||Off: 0512 – 2770633
| F: 0512 – 2770123
Off: 0512 – 2770633
(Projects & Commercial)
|Shri Praveen Kumar||Off: 0512 – 2770007
| F: 0512 – 2770007
(Finance & Administration)
|Shri Atul Rustagi||Off: 0512-2770892
| F : 0512 – 2770892
Dy. General Manager
(Corporate Social Responsibility)
|Shri Ajay Chaudhary||
Dy. General Manager
(Quality Control) & CVO
Shri Vivek Dwivedi
|Off: 0512 – 2770073
|Dy. General Manager
(Marketing) & Public Information Officer (PIO)
|Shri Sanjay Singh|| Off: 0512-2770172
| M :09452932539
|Dy. General Manager
|Shri Alok Kumar Thakur||Off: 0512-2770873
|Dy. General Manager
(Systems, Projects & Coordination)
|Shri Ritesh Srivastava||Off: 0512-2770176
|M : 08874208602|
|Shri Shashi Kumar Tripathi||
|M : 9839085970|
(Pers. & Administration)
|Shri Shiv Kumar Bhagat||Off: 0512-2770115
|M : 8132953232|
|Public Relations Officer (Marketing)||Shri Sumit Tiwari|| Off: 0512-2770137
Also Read: – What is e-Parivahan Himachal Pradesh Scheme