How to Register On SeHAT OPD Portal for Online Medical Consultation Service?
SeHAT OPD Portal | Sehat OPD Registration | Sehat OPD Online Medical Consultation Service | SeHAT OPD for Armed Forces Personnel | SeHAT OPD Portal for Ex Servicemen| Online OUt Patient Platform SeHAT | Services e-Health Assistance and Tele-consultation (SeHAT) portal| SeHATOPD
SeHAT OPD Portal: – You must have often seen that brave soldiers who sacrificed their lives for India have to face many difficulties to get the benefits of health facilities. Because of the Armed Forces and Ex-servicemen, the Defense Minister of India, Shri Rajnath Singh, has launched the SeHAT OPD Portal for serving soldiers and veterans of the Indian Army on 27 May 2021. For your information, let us know here that the full name of SeHAT is Services e-Health Assistance and Tele-consultation (SeHAT).
The SeHAT OPD Portal portal is an online medical consultation service portal developed to ensure hassle-free health services to armed forces personnel and ex-servicemen. In short, it is an offering of the TRAI Tele Consultation Service of the Ministry of Defense to all the entitled soldiers of the three armies. The main objective of starting this portal is to provide online health care service at home to the three armies, veterans, and their family members.
Today, through this post, you will be given detailed information about the SeHAT OPD Portal as an online counseling service portal for the armed forces and ex-servicemen. If you want to get complete details about SeHAT OPD Portal, then you must read this post till the end.
Key Highlights of Sehat OPD Portal
|Name of Portal||Services e-Health Assistance and Tele-consultation (SeHAT) (SeHAT OPD Portal)|
|Portal Launched by||Shri Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defense, Government of India|
|Portal Launched on||27 May 2021|
|Related Ministry||Ministry of Defense, Government of India|
|Purpose of SeHAT OPD||Ensuring hassle-free online health services to the soldiers and veterans of the three Services of India.|
|Mode of Services||Online|
|Day for Consulting||From Monday to Saturday|
|Time for Consulting||9.00 AM to 5.00 PM|
|Designed & Developed by||Integrated Defense Staff (IDS) and Center for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)|
|Official Website||Click Here|
A secure and protected video-based clinical consultation is conducted through this portal between a specialist doctor sitting in a hospital and a patient at home. The SeHAT OPD Portal is equipped with advanced safety features. The trial version of this portal was launched in August 2020. According to the Defense Ministry data, more than the Doctor has provided 6500 medical counseling services through the trial version.
Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) is planning to add specialist doctors on this portal and include the delivery of medicines at the homes of service personnel. The Defense Minister has launched the portal in the presence of Army Chief General MM Narwane, Chief of Defense Staff General Bipin Rawat, and Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh, etc., through a virtual medium.
Addressing the virtual launching event, Defense Minister Shri Rajnath Singh assured that the Government of India is constantly monitoring the status of Kovid-19. The government is continuously improving the supply of medical oxygen, medicines, and other essential equipment through a group of ministers and high-level committees.
Meanwhile, the defense minister, referring to the coronavirus crisis, said that the second wave of the corona was unpredictable and more dangerous than the first wave. The Union Minister acknowledged the significant contribution of the armed forces in the collective efforts to combat the epidemic.
Importance of SeHAT OPD Portal
- The online outpatient platform SeHAT OPD Portal launched by the Ministry of Defense, Government of India, will reduce the burden on various hospitals and ensure more comprehensive access to quality health services in remote areas.
- The launch of the SeHAT OPD Portal by the Government of India is a significant step taken at a crucial time for the Armed Forces’ health.
- Through the online outpatient platform SeHAT OPD portal, serving soldiers and veterans can get counseling from online doctors without visiting the hospital.
- The introduction of this portal will help in reducing the burden on hospitals. Patients will be able to receive contactless counseling quickly and effectively.
- Online medical counseling services can be availed by armed forces personnel and veterans through this portal from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily from Monday to Saturday.
- Armed soldiers do not need to pay any fee for getting online medical consultation on SeHAT OPD Portal as services are being provided free on this portal.
SeHAT OPD Portal Facilities
The facility provided by SeHAT is based on the e-Sanjeevani OPD Portal, a free OPD service run by MoHFW for all citizens, developed by CDAC Mohali and HQ IDS. It is a system between patient and Doctor based on telemedicine technology, through which it is initially proposed to extend to specialist OPD consultation after a general OPD consultation. The services provided on the SeHAT OPD Portal are as follows:
- Patient registration
- Token generation
- Token generation
- Queue management
- Audio-video consultation with Doctor
- SMS / Email notifications
- Armed Forces Medical Services Doctor
- Free service
Features of SeHAT OPD Portal
- Telemedicine services will be provided to soldiers, ex-servicemen, and their families serving in the Army, Navy, Airforce by this portal.
- The beta version of the SeHAT OPD Portal was launched in August 2020.
- The Health OPD portal is the ultimate version equipped with advanced security features.
- The Department of Military Affairs (DMA), Integrated Defense Staff (IDS), Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS), and Development Center for Artificial Computing (C-DAC) Mohali have contributed to the development of this portal.
- This portal will help reduce the load on hospitals.
- Defense Minister Shri Rajnath Singh launched the portal on 27 May 2021.
- Through this photo, patients will get counseling without physical contact easily and effectively.
- Shortly, the facility will be provided on the portal to the medicines delivered to the military families at home.
- Online medical counseling is being provided by expert doctors on this portal from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily except Sunday.
SeHAT OPD Portal Process Steps
If a beneficiary has to get service on the Health OPD portal, then the user needs to follow the following six steps to consult a doctor-
Step: 1. Registration Process :-
To avail of the services available on the SeHAT OPD portal, the patient must first register on the portal. For registration, the user has to verify his mobile number through a one-time password. After this, the user has to fill the Patient Registration Form correctly. After submitting the Patient Registration Form, the Patient ID is assigned to the user by SeHATOPD.
- First, go to the official website of SeHAT OPD Portal for SeHAT OPD Registration. The official web site’s home page will open.
- A link to Patient Registration will appear in the Navigation Menu on the home page. Click on the link for Patient Registration. The Patient Registration Form will open as soon as you click on the Patient Registration link.
- Fill your mobile number in the given column and click on the Send OTP button. A one-time password will be received on your mobile number through SMS. If you do not receive OTP, click on the ‘Resend OTP’ button.
- Fill the One Time Password in the ‘Enter OTP’ column of the Patient Registration Dialog box and click on the OK button. Keep in mind that this OTP will be valid only for 15 minutes.
Step: 2. Token :-
After registration, the user has to request a token for consultation with the help of a patent ID. If the patient has any type of health record, upload it one by one during the token request. The user will receive the Patient ID and token via SMS.
- The page of the Patient Registration & Token Generation Form will open. It is necessary to fill all the fields with the red star given in the form. Fill in the information sought in the Patient Registration Form like Name, Gender, Email, Mobile, Address, Pincode, etc., correctly. Select your Age, State, District, City from the Drop Down List.
- If the user has any previous health records like Test Results, X-ray Report, Ultrasound Report, etc., then upload one by one file by using Choose File option.
- Keep in mind; you can upload a maximum of 3 files here. The size of a file should be less than 5 MB. The file should be in the format pdf, jpg, jpeg, gif, jfif, etc.
- All Serving Personnel are required to register their telephone number with AMA before using SeHAT OPD. After filling all the required fields of the registration form, click on the ‘Generate Patient ID & Token’ button.
- Popup window to send Patient ID & Token Number to your registered mobile number will appear on the screen. Click on the OK button.
- With this, your registration process on the SeHAT OPD portal will be completed. Now you can log in on SeHAT OPD Portal with the details received from SMS.
Step: 3. Login :-
During the token process, users are asked to log in via SMS notifications by SeHATOPD. Login to SeHAT OPD Portal with the help of user Patient ID.
- A link to the ‘Patient Login’ will appear in the Navigation Menu on the Home Page. Click on the link for ‘Patient Login.’ The Patient Login Dialog Box will open as soon as you click on the Patient Login link.
- Fill your Mobile Number & Token Number in the given columns and click on the ‘Login’ button. Your SeHAT OPD login process will be completed. Here the token number denotes your queue number at the time of number generation.
- If the user has forgotten his patent ID and token number, click on the link “Forgot Patient ID and Token No” under the Login button.
- Your Token Number & Patient ID details will be received through SMS on your registered mobile. If you do not want to consult a doctor at this time, click on the link “Cancel Token.”
Step: 4. Waiting :-
Once logged in on the SeHAT OPD Portal, you have to wait for your turn to consult a specialist doctor. You have to wait until your turn comes. If the waiting time exceeds 2 minutes, please refresh the page.
- Once you are successfully logged into the SeHAT OPD portal, you will be added to the Patient Queue of the OPD Consultation Room.
- Wait for your turn and after the Doctor is available, click on the ‘Call Now’ button.
- If you already have health records like Test Results, X-ray Report, Ultrasound Report, etc., then Attach by uploading in the section of Patient Details using the option of Choose File.
- Keep in mind; you can upload a maximum of 3 files here. The file size should be less than 5 MB and should be in the format pdf, jpg, jpeg, gif, jfif, etc.
- If a doctor is not available for 2 minutes, then click on the button ‘Refresh’ from the ‘Doctor Online’ panel in the left sidebar. If you want to log out, then click on the Logout button.
Step: 5. Consultation :-
As soon as the waiting time of the user’s SeHAT OPD portal is over, the ‘Call Now’ button becomes active. After this, the process of establishing telemedicine contact of the patient with the Doctor begins.
- Once the ‘Call Now’ button is activated, then within 2 minutes, you have to click on this button. If you do not click on this button in the stipulated time, your token is added to the back of the line.
- If you want to see the Consultant Doctor’s profile, you can see the Doctor’s profile by visiting the ‘Doctor’s Status’ link.
- As soon as you click on the ‘Call Now’ button, a popup dialog box will open asking permission to connect to the device you are using, Camera & Microphone, etc.
- Click on the Allow/Accept button. As soon as the Doctor responds to your call, the Doctor’s video will start appearing to you. Now you can consult a doctor using your Microphone.
- If you want to say something to a Doctor through typing, you can type a message from the chat window of Videoconferencing Screen.
- If you want to show a file to the Doctor, you can upload it using the ‘Upload’ button from the chat window. But the file size should be less than 5 MB and should be in pdf, jpg, jpeg, BMP, gif, etc. format.
- Your telemedicine session will end as soon as your evaluation with the Doctor is complete. A prescription will be issued to you by the Doctor. The link to download the medication will send to your registered mobile.
Step: 6. ePrescription :-
SeHAT issues e-prescription to the patient based on consultation with the Doctor after the consultation process is completed on the OPD portal. Based on this prescription, the patient can take medicine from the medical store.
- After the telemedicine session with the Doctor is complete, a prescription will be issued to you by the Doctor. The link to download the prescription will be sent to your registered mobile.
- You can download/print the e-prescription by opening this link on your mobile phone, and you can buy the medicines prescribed by the Doctor through this prescription.
How to View Previous Consultations & Prescriptions on SeHAT OPD Portal?
Any user registered on the SeHAT OPD Portal can view and download their previous consultation & prescription. If you want to view your prior consultation and prescription, follow the steps given below.
- First of all, visit the official website of SeHAT OPD Portal. The official web site’s home page will open.
- A link to the Patient Login will appear in the Navigation Menu on the Home Page. Click on the link for Patient Login. The Patient Login Dialog Box will open as soon as you click on the Patient Login link.
- Fill your Mobile Number & Token Number in the given columns and click on the Login button. Your SeHAT OPD login process will complete.
- The section of Past Consultations will appear in the left panel of the SeHAT OPD Portal. To view all the previous Consultations & Prescriptions, select your previous Consultations & Prescriptions from Past Consultations, which you want to view, and click on its link.
- The previous Consultations & Prescriptions you chose will open on the screen. Print Out can be taken using the Print button.
- Thus, one can view all his previous consultations & prescriptions through SeHAT OPD Portal in just a few clicks and can easily take a printout of them.
How to Contact on SeHAT OPD Portal?
If a user wants to contact on SeHAT OPD Portal, follow the steps given below-
- First of all, visit the official website of SeHAT OPD Portal. The official web site’s home page will open.
- A link to the contact will appear in the Navigation Menu on the home page. Click on the link for the ‘Contact.’ Contact form will open as soon as you click on the contact link.
- Fill in the required information sought in this form like First Name, Last Name, Mobile Number, Email Address, Town/City in the given column and select the State from the Drop Download List.
- Type your Suggestion & Problem in the Message Box and check the given Captcha “I’m not a robot.” Click on the submit button.
- Your contact request is submitted on the SeHAT OPD Portal.
SeHAT OPD Portal Customer Care Number
Through this post, detailed information about all the aspects related to SeHAT OPD Portal is provided. However, if a user faces any type of problem associated with the SeHAT OPD Portal, he can solve his problem by contacting the contact number and email ID.
Center for Development of Advanced Computing
A-34, Phase VIII, Industrial Area,
Mohali, Punjab 160071 INDIA
- Contact Number: + 91-172-6619000
- Email ID: [email protected]
HQ IDS (Medical branch)
eHealth Section HQ IDS (Medical Branch)
West Block – III, RK Puram New Delhi -110066
- Telephone: 011-26169079
FAQ Related SeHAT OPD Portal
Q-1. Do I have to pay a fee to get service on SeHAT OPD?
No, there is no need to pay any kind of fee for getting telemedicine services on the SeHAT OPD portal. All the facilities on the portal have been provided free of cost by the government.
Q-2. Which doctors are connected to SeHAT OPD Service?
MG MED / PMO / CMO and Hospital Commandants are associated with doctors providing SeHAT OPD services on this portal.
Q-3. What is a medicine process?
According to the World Health Organization, telemedicine is a service providing healthcare service, which is accomplished through an online medium. During telemedicine, information technology is used by professionals/specialists for diagnosis, treatment, injury prevention, research, and evaluation, etc.
Q-4. What is an e-prescription?
When the user consults a doctor using SeHAT OPD, the Doctor issues an electronic prescription containing common ingredients, medications, tests, etc. This e-prescription helps patients to purchase error-free medicines.
Q-5. What is a health record / medical record in a SeHAT OPD service?
Health records / medical records are the patient’s credential document, including old prescriptions, test reports, hospital discharge summaries, etc.
Q-6. What equipment is required to get service on the SeHAT OPD Portal?
Before getting services on SeHAT OPD, you need a laptop/computer, webcam, Microphone, 1Mbps speed internet, Speaker, and internet browser. If you use the MS Windows operating system, it is necessary to have Windows 8.0 or above.
Q-7. What steps are required to receive service on the SeHAT OPD?
To get services on SeHAT, OPDs mainly have to complete the following steps. Such as Registration, Token, Login, Waiting, Consultation, e-prescription, etc.
Q-8. Can a user update their details on the Health OPD portal?
No, if a user wants to update his details on this portal, then it is possible to update it through the prescribed channel.
Q-9. Once the token is issued, how long does it remain valid?
Once a token issue on SeHAT OPD, it remains valid from teleconsultation to generating an e-prescription. If the user did not use the token, the token automatically expires as soon as the day ends.
Q-10. Can a user get two tokens in 1 day?
A user cannot receive a new token on the SeHAT OPD portal until he has used the first token.
Q-11. Can someone share their old medical records with a doctor through the National Tele Consultation Service?
Yes, at the time of registration, the patient can upload three files of his old medical records, which the Doctor can see during teleconsultation.
Q-12. If someone’s connection is suddenly discounted during teleconsultation, will he have to get another token?
No, there is no need to get a new token until the first token is wholly consumed because your already issued token is not considered to have been consumed until the Doctor has given the e-prescription.
Q-13. Will the patient have to register every time, and how will he get the information about the token number?
The patient does not need a new registration every time. He will have to go through the registration process every time, but the information given earlier will be recorded in advance. You can update your details during the process. Token information will be sent to you through SMS on the mobile number registered with the SeHAT OPD portal.
Q-14. Whenever I use SeHAT OPD, will my patient ID change?
No, the Patient ID to be issued on the SeHaT OPD Portal is given for Lifetime related to your name, age, and gender.
Q-15. Can I use my registered mobile for dependents and family members?
No, each user needs a unique mobile number for registration on the Sehat OPD portal.
Q-16. How to check that a webcam and Microphone are working before consulting a doctor?
Users can use the link of website www.onlinemictest.com to check their webcam, Microphone, keyboard, mouse, etc.
Q-17. Can SeHAT OPD be used in a smartphone?
SeHAT OPD is a web-based application that can be used on a laptop or PC. It can be used in large-size tablets but not in Android/iOS-based smartphones. The government is preparing android / iOS apps.